Volleyball beats #5 Texas

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Was watching on Cyclone TV and@6:30 with the 5th set still in play the channel switched programming, had to go to Twitter to follow the last three points..

Was a fun match to watch. Need to watch more often.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
in 5 sets. They played really well.

It seems like they've been on a good run lately.

I'll go out on a limb and say Hillegas has been the lynchpin of the turnaround. Probably about the same time we went 6-2 as well.

I was making lasagna and just yelled loud enough to reach the neighbors. We had been down in the 4th and I figured that was it. Holy ****, what a great win.

Cynonymous

Aug 14, 2015
The block has greatly improved as well. We don't get these wins without both of those key parts (Hillegas + defense mentioned above). Miranda has played big in the rotation as well to solidify the depth.

Cytanic

Aug 1, 2016
Was watching on Cyclone TV and@6:30 with the 5th set still in play the channel switched programming, had to go to Twitter to follow the last three points..

Was a fun match to watch. Need to watch more often.
Yes I was screaming at the TV when the programming changed but it came back on about 1 minute later. I think I only missed one point.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
I'll go out on a limb and say Hillegas has been the lynchpin of the turnaround. Probably about the same time we went 6-2 as well.

I was making lasagna and just yelled loud enough to reach the neighbors. We had been down in the 4th and I figured that was it. Holy ****, what a great win.
It was a great atmosphere at Hilton - what a match. Yes, Hali got into the heads of Texas' big hitters with her digging - they were scared to hit in the 5th.

Reactions: cowgirl836

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
It was a great atmosphere at Hilton - what a match. Yes, Hali got into the heads of Texas' big hitters with her digging - they were scared to hit in the 5th.

I haven't been able to see her play on video or in person but the Big 12 awards and team turnaround lead me to believe she's led a turnaround in our passing.

H

HGPuck

We are playing so much better defense than we were earlier in the year, both the block and in the back. Lazard has gone up another level mid way through this year, the way she is playing right now she's the best middle I can remember us having. As mentioned above Hali and Genesis have been big additions.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
It seems like West has gained back significant playing time? Is there a reason for this?

Sorry, I've missed the last several games and only able to watch stats on a few.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Got a nice winning streak going. Before that I was thinking they were going to miss the NCAA's...they were not looking good..... but what a turnaround.

ISUtopia

Nov 12, 2011
Ankeny
Great win by the ladies! Agree, Hillegas has helped solidify the defense. Grace is a beast and so is West! Having Genesis replace Ciara was refreshing. Was So frustrating having Ciara spending most of her isu career getting blocked bcuz she only has a hard cross and can't tool/hit high hands. I get it when you are dominant in high school, but when it doesn't work in college, you need to find other shots like the line or roll. Reminds me a lot of Hannah Wilms who looked great in warmups with huge hits but game time got blocked a lot. This has been my only small gripe of Coach Lynch not replacing Ciara sooner. having played 25 years of Vball and having a teammate who constantlygets blocked is a

• Dislike
Reactions: CY9008 and harimad

ISUtopia

Nov 12, 2011
Ankeny
...buzz kill and I think it's affected team play. I like Genesis' fire. If we win 2/3, we should be in. We were in low 40s RPI before this huge win, should be in mid 30s at least now. Go Clones.

PS, sorry about the rant on Ciara, just had to get that off my chest.

• Agree
  • Dislike
Reactions: CY9008 and harimad

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
They won because I wasn't there to see it! Ok, probably not. But I had my dad come over to help me with installing new lighting in the house and we thought it would take far less time than it did (plus he got there late), so I ended up not going. Boo for me, yay for the team! It's been a while since vball had a significant win like that. Hopefully they can do it again at Kansas.

Help Support Us

Become a patron