Volleyball RPI through 11/3

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
That may be possible- You can watch her play for Drake and at the state tournament this next week.

I read up on the recruit in question here. Given her height, position, offer list and program committed to, I don't think CJL should be criticized for not offering her at this point.

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
I read up on the recruit in question here. Given her height, position, offer list and program committed to, I don't think CJL should be criticized for not offering her at this point.

Undersized but this was done before June deadline and the new rules

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
If you go by the RPI we don't have many "bad losses" but we don't have any "good wins" either. All of our "best" wins came early: UNI 47, Ole Miss 53, Iowa 84. UNI is likely in the NCAA's (win MVC), Ole Miss and Iowa are not in. Against P5 teams our other wins are 106, 106, 126, 136, 150 and 189. The bottom four in the Big 12 are pretty bad. League has three good teams, two middling teams and four bad ones. Match at Tech might determine who gets 4th.

Come selection time I don't think anyone is going to take much notice that we took Baylor to set point in three sets in two matches versus them since we are are 1-11 in sets against ranked teams. That Baylor match in Ames kinda feels to me like the high tide mark for the season. Had a chance there to show we could do more than just get to set point in an occasional match against ranked teams but could not close the deal.

Sounds kinda negative :oops: but just trying to give it an objective look, it's what happens when I am bored some mornings. :rolleyes:

Only looking at results, I rely on the smarter volleyball guys/gals here to cue me in on the why, like some of the comments regarding getting stuck in rotations on some of the bad points runs and stuff. Helps me understand a little better. Appreciate those attempts at analysis that are above my pay grade for VB! ;)
Thanks for posting pretty much a summation of what I was thinking.