Walking Dead

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I remember when this show would generate a lot of discussion on here. Good times.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Is it just me, or do the couple that met through Walking Dead cosplay (who were on tonight's Talking Dead show) seem kind of distant with each other? Their body language just didn't seem like that of a couple who are dating. Maybe they already broke up, but were booked to be on the episode so they still showed up? Weird.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Maybe, maybe not. I'm not liking the Negan story line, but there are still good parts in there. However, they were real conversation killers.
And perhaps there are only a few of us still watching. Who knows?

The whole Negan thing has dragged on too long now, whether you find the character entertaining or not. I'm not sure what the purpose of tonight's episode really was- it didn't advance the story line at all really.

SC Cy

Jun 30, 2006
Omaha, NE
twitter.com
Discussion has stopped because people anticipation for the show has completely stopped and so has the excitement for it. Since about season four the show has followed the exact same pattern...

Season premier - exciting
Filler episodes
Mid-season finale - exciting
Mid-season premier - OK
Filler episodes
Season finale - exciting

This is OK if it's an eight or ten episode season. The problem is the season's are so...damn...long.

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
I'm to the point with the show where I watch out of curiosity. The storylines suck and some of the scenes are horrible, but its like..damn I just want to know whats going on in their world too.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I really need to stop having dinner just as an episode starts. Waterlogged walkers are the worst.

Edit: And then there's that.

The barnacles are what does it.

Great episode. Glad the colony of ladies wasn't a completely pointless side story. As a comics reader stuff like this that is bonus content is really great and keeps me enjoying WD more.

Plus the way the women reacted was very rational which we don't always get. The old lady hanging on to her bitter ways and the others realizing they had nothing to lose by at least loaning their guns to someone who wanted to avenge their killed loved ones.

Reactions: cyhiphopp

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I watched it on DVR last night. I didn't care if social media spoiled anything and didn't feel like I missed much. That stinks considering it was my favorite show for quite a few years.

By the way, is Carl still alive?

I LOLd at Carl's two random tough guy lines in this episode. The kid could not be more annoying.

Even after all of Sasha and Rosita's annoying crap...Carl still tops my list of "good guys" I want to see zombified.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
Is it just me, or do the couple that met through Walking Dead cosplay (who were on tonight's Talking Dead show) seem kind of distant with each other? Their body language just didn't seem like that of a couple who are dating. Maybe they already broke up, but were booked to be on the episode so they still showed up? Weird.
I haven't watched 'Talking' since they moved it to after Into the Badlands. Past my bedtime:)

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
The whole Negan thing has dragged on too long now, whether you find the character entertaining or not. I'm not sure what the purpose of tonight's episode really was- it didn't advance the story line at all really.

Well we know for sure that someone has already tipped off Negan that Rick and Co are up to no good. Probably Gregory, little slimeball.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I can't believe the hate for Negan. If not for Negan we wouldn't be hearing things like "“beach-ball-sized lady nuts".

I also like Negan. He's at least a good villain for Rick and Co.

I'm worried about where the show goes if/when they take out Negan. Unless he completely destroys Alexandria, which is a possibility I guess, there's not a lot left for Rick and Co to do.

It's been far too long since the group has been on the road and forced to find a new home.

Just not sure what the new plot lines will be if they take out the Saviors. Someone else takes over the Saviors? Wash, rinse, repeat for a few more seasons?

I still like the show, but it is getting a bit repetitive.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum