Wallhogs.com - CF Banner TOO BIG

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Thinking it would be a nice addition to the home-office, I ordered a Wallhog of the CF logo that you see in the upper left of the screen. All great and dandy BUT I ordered at like 3:00 in the morning and must not have been reading clearly because it arrived today and it's frickin 8 feet wide and 4 feet tall! While I absolutely love our logo, that is a little too big. To put it in perspective, the logo is bigger than it is on the tailgating banner we had made up (it's 6 feet wide).

So anyways, I think I'm going to get a sheet of 1/8th inch Birch plywood and mount it on a white painted background so it's more mobile. I can clear-coat it afterwards so it stays nice looking.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
That's true - it could have turned out far worse:wink:

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
Not to pry, but how much did it cost for the custom image? I don't need anything that size, but just curious.

ISU_phoria

Apr 10, 2006
Andover, MN
Thinking it would be a nice addition to the home-office, I ordered a Wallhog of the CF logo that you see in the upper left of the screen. All great and dandy BUT I ordered at like 3:00 in the morning and must not have been reading clearly because it arrived today and it's frickin 8 feet wide and 4 feet tall! While I absolutely love our logo, that is a little too big. To put it in perspective, the logo is bigger than it is on the tailgating banner we had made up (it's 6 feet wide).

So anyways, I think I'm going to get a sheet of 1/8th inch Birch plywood and mount it on a white painted background so it's more mobile. I can clear-coat it afterwards so it stays nice looking.

I'd use something a little more sturdy than 1/8th inch plywood....at that size, 1/8th inch will be way too "fragile"

I'd recommend 3/8"

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Good call - I'll take a look at Lowes - it seems I'm there daily anyways:smile:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron