WandaVision----Spoilers Ahead. You've been Warned. Don't click if you don't want spoilers

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Someone explain to me the ending? Who’s the witch? Why is Wanda a witch? She got her power from the mind stone did she not? What was the post credit scene telling us? What exactly is sword? That new vision is coming back for sure isn’t he? Who the hell is wandas friend the one in the last scene and how did she get her powers?

She had the powers before (it turns out she instinctually knew how to use some of them and its why she and her brother didn't die in the bombing) the mind stone just amped them up.

Reactions: cyfanatic

Cyclonick182

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando, FL
Someone explain to me the ending? Who’s the witch? Why is Wanda a witch? She got her power from the mind stone did she not? What was the post credit scene telling us? What exactly is sword? That new vision is coming back for sure isn’t he? Who the hell is wandas friend the one in the last scene and how did she get her powers?
Captain Marvel can answer some questions about Rambeau but they did a good job explaining much of it during the show. SWORD is likely what Nick Fury is directing now as the replacement to SHIELD. Nobody knows about Vision for sure but likely yes. The post credit hints at Secret Invasion with the Skrulls. The post post credits shows Wanda reading the Darkhold which I would imagine is similar to the books Dr Strange learned from. They did explicitly mention the Sorcerer Supreme. Beyond that you just simply cant have all the answers right now given this is the start of a new MCU arch.

Reactions: Carlisle Clone

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Captain Marvel can answer some questions about Rambeau but they did a good job explaining much of it during the show. SWORD is likely what Nick Fury is directing now as the replacement to SHIELD. Nobody knows about Vision for sure but likely yes. The post credit hints at Secret Invasion with the Skrulls. The post post credits shows Wanda reading the Darkhold which I would imagine is similar to the books Dr Strange learned from. They did explicitly mention the Sorcerer Supreme. Beyond that you just simply cant have all the answers right now given this is the start of a new MCU arch.
Thank you sir. My mind is blown. Also, you must be a fellow Blink fan given your avatar. Rock on.

Reactions: Cyclonick182

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
I started to get the sense that we wouldn’t find satisfying conclusions to the show’s secondary characters once they spent the entirety of Episode 8 on Agatha and Wanda (an episode I LOVED), so I was kind of prepared for that nut punch. But also, I’m not sure where else you can really go with Photon’s storyline without encroaching on the ground that Captain Marvel 2 will cover.

The story thread focused on Wanda and Vision was fantastic throughout the series and I felt ended in a really satisfying way. I also loved how Vision and White Vision resolved their conflict with an all-out philosophical slugfest.

The biggest disappointment is that the Fietro reveal halfway through the season feels completely cheapened by the fact that he’s just another Westview resident. But again, with Far From Home, and now Wandavision, I can’t help but feel like Marvel Studios keeps flirting with this idea of the multiverse, and that one day, probably by the end of Phase 4 or 5 we’ll finally begin to understand what they have been teasing us with.

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
Also, I just wanted to toot my own horn from the other thread for totally calling it back in February that Mephisto would be a no-show.

Also, everyone theorizing about this show is constantly calling out Mephisto as the villain behind all of this ... I wouldn’t be surprised, after all this time, for to all turn out to be ... “Wanda... it’s all Wanda...”

Toot toot!

Reactions: CloniesForLife

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
They went right for the feels and the power in this one. Really good finale.

End credit scene left me a little confused. Reading about it left me in pretty much the same spot. I'll go look into that some more. The idea that there's a magic Wanda and a non-magic one or whatever is gonna take some work to figure out.

I liked the Fietro thing. That was good misdirection, even though the dimensional thing would have been cooler. They still got their mutant reveal in with Wanda's powers, so that's still huge.

Cyclonick182

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando, FL
Also, I just wanted to toot my own horn from the other thread for totally calling it back in February that Mephisto would be a no-show.

Toot toot!
Nobody that has been paying attention to the MCU for longer than 5 minutes could realistically think that a big bad like Mephisto would be introduced in WandaVision. That's not some low level baddie.

Reactions: Carlisle Clone

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
They went right for the feels and the power in this one. Really good finale.

End credit scene left me a little confused. Reading about it left me in pretty much the same spot. I'll go look into that some more. The idea that there's a magic Wanda and a non-magic one or whatever is gonna take some work to figure out.

I liked the Fietro thing. That was good misdirection, even though the dimensional thing would have been cooler. They still got their mutant reveal in with Wanda's powers, so that's still huge.

Wanda is astro-projecting herself exactly like Dr. Strange did in his movie when he was reading while also sleeping.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Personal theory: Evan Peters still might be Agent Woo's missing witness protection person, which could open up a plethora of new theories and not close that door. Those pictures of him with his name on them are definitely suspicious, like something the FBI would have for witnesses. Just a theory.

Cyclonick182

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando, FL
Personal theory: Evan Peters still might be Agent Woo's missing witness protection person, which could open up a plethora of new theories and not close that door. Those pictures of him with his name on them are definitely suspicious, like something the FBI would have for witnesses. Just a theory.
It could also explain his super speed. Just spitballing but you wouldnt think mind control would also grant super powers.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
To all those more dedicated to the MCU details than myself, is this really the first time the name Scarlet Witch has been used in the movies/shows?
Yes, until Disney acquired the remaining Marvel rights from Fox they were not allowed to use Scarlet Witch or her traditional look. I believe the same is true with Quicksilver. They were free to use the Wanda and Pietro Maximoff characters (and their powers), just not their superhero personas

Cyclonick182

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando, FL
Yes, until Disney acquired the remaining Marvel rights from Fox they were not allowed to use Scarlet Witch or her traditional look. I believe the same is true with Quicksilver. They were free to use the Wanda and Pietro Maximoff characters (and their powers), just not their superhero personas
I feel like that is flip flopped. Didnt they use the Quicksilver name in the newer X-Men movies? It's been awhile since I saw them but I swear they used the Quicksilver name.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
I feel like that is flip flopped. Didnt they use the Quicksilver name in the newer X-Men movies? It's been awhile since I saw them but I swear they used the Quicksilver name.
The X-Men movies were produced by Fox, who owned the rights to the characters Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. The MCU owned the rights to Wanda and Pietro Maximoff, but not the superhero personas. Disney now owns all of them so they're free to use Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver

Cyclonick182

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando, FL
The X-Men movies were produced by Fox, who owned the rights to the characters Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. The MCU owned the rights to Wanda and Pietro Maximoff, but not the superhero personas. Disney now owns all of them so they're free to use Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver
Just out of curiosity I did a quick search on the topic and Feige is on record back in 2012 apparently stating that both Fox and MCU could use the names so it appears that this was a story driven decision which makes sense. Up until this point they'd have had no reason to call her Scarlet Witch that would be logical from a story standpoint.

Reactions: besserheimerphat

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Disappointed with the Pietro bit, had hopes for progression on the future.
Yeah I was pretty disappointed in that - basically just a throwaway plotline. That's my only real complaint about it.
Given how Marvel works in their movies, I’d hardly be surprised if the apparent Ralph Bohner “dead end” doesn’t prove to be a red herring. Not least, since Jimmy Woo is also reportedly appearing in future MCU projects.

That name also happens to be a nod to a character on the 80’s sitcom Growing Pains.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Oh—and since they titled this episode “Final Episode”, I also wouldn’t be terribly surprised if there’s another one that pops up next Friday titled “Epilogue”.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Amazing! Loved it. Although I was hoping for some kind of big character reveal at the end. Also agree that they didn't do enough with Monica/Photon. It was kind of like ok she has her powers so were done with that story for now. Besides those minor gripes I loved it and can't wait for Falcon and Winter Soldier.

So I take it since you could hear her kids while she was studying the darkhold the impetus of whatever she does to royally **** things up in the multiverse involves bringing her kids back or recreating them in some way. It's amazing how they have taken her from a secondary character to almost the focal point of the Marvel narrative going forward. If they really run with her being a nexus being like the commercial suggest she's basically a god and could get into some really crazy stuff.

larrysarmy

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
Great ending! Only downer is you have to wait a whole year until Dr Strange 2 to see the story pick up again.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I was really hoping to see Dr. Strange show up in a cameo. Also, who was Jimmy Woo calling that was supposed to show up within the hour? And, they really left the whole rabbit thing open...what was up with that?

Reactions: AirWalke and Cycho1