WandaVision----Spoilers Ahead. You've been Warned. Don't click if you don't want spoilers

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Amazing! Loved it. Although I was hoping for some kind of big character reveal at the end. Also agree that they didn't do enough with Monica/Photon. It was kind of like ok she has her powers so were done with that story for now. Besides those minor gripes I loved it and can't wait for Falcon and Winter Soldier.

So I take it since you could hear her kids while she was studying the darkhold the impetus of whatever she does to royally **** things up in the multiverse involves bringing her kids back or recreating them in some way. It's amazing how they have taken her from a secondary character to almost the focal point of the Marvel narrative going forward. If they really run with her being a nexus being like the commercial suggest she's basically a god and could get into some really crazy stuff.
I agree and like that idea of her being the focal point. Would be much different in about every way when compared to Tony Stark. Would make the whole thing so much less predictable and, thus, awesome.

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
Oh—and since they titled this episode “Final Episode”, I also wouldn’t be terribly surprised if there’s another one that pops up next Friday titled “Epilogue”.

I get the impression that they’re done. There’s a WandaVision “making of” special coming out next week, so I have to wonder if this is what the rumor mongers interpreted as the “10th episode”.

I could be completely wrong and they come out with a wrap-up episode, but given that the Hex is gone, along with that version of Vision and her kids, WandaVision’s story is done for now.

• Agree
Reactions: aobie and Aclone

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I get the impression that they’re done. There’s a WandaVision “making of” special coming out next week, so I have to wonder if this is what the rumor mongers interpreted as the “10th episode”.

I could be completely wrong and they come out with a wrap-up episode, but given that the Hex is gone, along with that version of Vision and her kids, WandaVision’s story is done for now.
I didn’t think it was likely (especially given the post credit scenes), but I’ve been known to be optimistic.

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
I read that the events of WandaVision are supposed to take place between Endgame and Spiderman Far From Home. I'm starting to think my retirement party will be binge watching the entire MCU in story-chronological order.

Reactions: Cycho1

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

Yeah, i could see them doing another show with her, but with a different title.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Agatha warned Wanda that she doesn't know what she unleashed. I'm wondering if Wanda's meddling will be what brings around Mephisto to recreate her kids and opens the Multiverse pandora's box.

Reactions: Aclone and GBlade

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
I read that the events of WandaVision are supposed to take place between Endgame and Spiderman Far From Home. I'm starting to think my retirement party will be binge watching the entire MCU in story-chronological order.
Yep, but we don't know what time the final scene took place. Could be after she has studied how to be a witch and reading through the darkhold. I think it would be fantastic if she brings in the MCU's introduction to Ghost Rider as he was last scene taking the darkhold to another dimension. That is if we are supposed to assume Agents of Shield is still MCU cannon.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Agatha warned Wanda that she doesn't know what she unleashed. I'm wondering if Wanda's meddling will be what brings around Mephisto to recreate her kids and opens the Multiverse pandora's box.

I'm sure the mention of the prophecy of tge Scarlet Witch bring the end of the world means something. That'll setup some future events somehow.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Okay. I watched this. General thoughts.

-- Started out as a quirky and interesting mystery. The aesthetic of presenting each episode as essentially an era in sitcom television (complete with reworking the characters' general mannerisms and dialogue to the decade, their appearances, clothing choices, furniture, and the cinematography, too) was pretty neat and pretty funny.

-- Gradually develops into a poignant story on the impact of grief.

-- Then it becomes a bunch of dumb CGI fights at the end, uninteresting antagonists, fan service, and distracting setups for future movies and television properties. Really weak ending after a strong and fun start.

So... kind of how I'd review most Marvel properties.

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE

-- Started out as a quirky and interesting mystery. The aesthetic of presenting each episode as essentially an era in sitcom television (complete with reworking the characters' general mannerisms and dialogue to the decade, their appearances, clothing choices, furniture, and the cinematography, too) was pretty neat and pretty funny.

-- Then it becomes a bunch of dumb CGI fights at the end, uninteresting antagonists, fan service, and distracting setups for future movies and television properties. Really weak ending after a strong and fun start.

Well there were some CGI fights but then it wasn't a mega million dollar blockbuster production so they have to cut to a philosophical battle between the 2 visions.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Well there were some CGI fights but then it wasn't a mega million dollar blockbuster production so they have to cut to a philosophical battle between the 2 visions.

Yeah, certainly not as goofy as the CGI battles at the end of movies with $200+ million budgets.

But... I was disappointed it kind of defaulted to Marvel clichés at the end.

I would have been more satisfied if it leaned more into its aesthetic pastiche, essentially making this into a parody sitcom, or if they would have went more in the psychological horror/creepy direction in the end with Wanda instead of, again, defaulting to the dopey action that both somehow defines and degrades Marvel products.

I will also be positive about the performances by the two leads. Watching Elizabeth Olsen and Paul Bettany, two very talented performers, change everything about their mannerisms, appearances, voices, and countenance to make the clichés of the various eras/decades was fun and often hilarious. More of that please.

Less dumb CGI we've all seen before.

Long-term, I wonder if this is the start of a heel turn for Wanda. Sure felt like it.

Reactions: aobie

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines

I think they were having some issues surrounding the finale and were doing reshoots all the way up to just a few weeks ago. I thought the entire series was pitch perfect until the final episode, which was still a satisfying finale on its own, but I agree, it felt lackluster compared to all the previous episodes.

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
I think they were having some issues surrounding the finale and were doing reshoots all the way up to just a few weeks ago. I thought the entire series was pitch perfect until the final episode, which was still a satisfying finale on its own, but I agree, it felt lackluster compared to all the previous episodes.

Emergency Awesome had a video on everything they had to cut with the pandemic. It’s pretty informative.

Dr. Strange was supposed to cameo, but he was literally stuck in New Zealand. They had to cut a bunch from the final episode and an entire episode even.

Still the best show I’ve watched in a long while. Last 10 minutes of episode 8 is peak MCU

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I think maybe what she’s done by using such a significant portion of the Mind Stone’s power is drawn attention to the fact that Earth no longer has the Time Stone protecting it. Remember what The Ancient One said?

Matter of fact, Dr. Strange might have his hands full right now, which might be why he didn’t show up at Westview right away.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I just read an article with the show’s writer, Jac Schaeffer, telling how she came to name the “aerospace engineer”, Major Goodner.

It was a nice story (a friend from college who always came through for her), but in doing so, she confirmed the very first thing I didn’t like about WandaVision.

In the show, Monica Rambeau says she is texting a “guy” for help. Rachel Thompson, the actor who played Major Goodner, is distinctly not a guy.

I don’t think it makes me pedantic to note that not so subtle distinction. No wonder we all thought it might be someone like Reed Richards.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I think maybe what she’s done by using such a significant portion of the Mind Stone’s power is drawn attention to the fact that Earth no longer has the Time Stone protecting it. Remember what The Ancient One said?

Matter of fact, Dr. Strange might have his hands full right now, which might be why he didn’t show up at Westview right away.

Yeah, I'm thinking she's basically opened Pandora's Box by going full Scarlet Witch and she's going to need Dr. Strange's help rather quickly

Reactions: Aclone

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I think we can all agree Marvel one-upped themselves on the costumes for this series yet again. All the Halloween costumes were super fun and cool earlier on, but then when the real things came later (Scarlet Witch, Agatha Harkness, White Vision), they delivered better than I expected. We still haven't seen Photon's costume reveal quite yet, so that will be interesting to see when it likely happens in Captain Marvel 2, if not earlier I guess.

On a different note, I would still love to see an Agents of Atlas X-files-like spinoff series at some point with both Darcy and Agent Woo. That could be quite fun and different.