WBB: Durr has Tommy John surgery

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Might have been a contributing factor in her 1-12 shooting from three in the NCAA tournament game. It was her right elbow, and I believe she's right-handed.

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
Wish her well and hope she can get her shooting touch back for next season.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Boo this news. Bad luck and a freak injury from that fall since it's just not an injury I have ever heard of in basketball. Wow, if it was a full Tommy John style ULC replacement being back for basketball would be great. Everything you read about this is usually about baseball and baseball throwing. They usually talk about gentle throwing (tossing) in four/five months which could equate to shooting but I am guessing hard overhead passes (throws) would be out? Nine months to conference play if you count all of April so she has good shot at a return.

Don't want to "like" the post but thanks for sharing @mred, informative stuff as usual.

CycloneBob

Aug 9, 2010
Ames
Thanks for the info. We hope for a fast & full recovery for Em. Given her exhibition of high speed on the floor, I'm sure she'll put recovery in high gear, also.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
I don't think it's a stretch to say Durr is one of this board's favs. Get on back in there Em it's game time (well before you know it any way!).

Last edited: