WBB: General All-NCAA Thread - Not Team Cyclones Stuff

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
Not so fast on Haley VanLith to TCU.

As far as where she will play college basketball next year, she says she still hasn’t signed anywhere yet. Van Lith decided to play in college one more season instead of entering the WNBA draft.

“I did take a visit to TCU and am very interested in them, but I took visits to other schools and was very interested in them, too,” she told The Associated Press. “I haven’t made an official commitment, but I’m very close. The ink has not touched the paper for any school.”

Reactions: kcdc4isu

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Not so fast on Haley VanLith to TCU.

As far as where she will play college basketball next year, she says she still hasn’t signed anywhere yet. Van Lith decided to play in college one more season instead of entering the WNBA draft.

“I did take a visit to TCU and am very interested in them, but I took visits to other schools and was very interested in them, too,” she told The Associated Press. “I haven’t made an official commitment, but I’m very close. The ink has not touched the paper for any school.”

Meh, she's sort of yesterdays news after the 2023-24 season. Play doesn't live up to her hype even before 2023-24 IMHO

• Agree
Reactions: jctisu and StClone

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
Nearly broke my finger getting to the link about ISU women's basketball coach stepping down. It'll happen one day, but hopefully not for awhile. Indiana State University has not fared as well the Cyclones.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

ChiClone22

Mar 19, 2022
Vonleh, All PAC 12 post from Colorado transfers to Baylor.

She was the best player on the Colorado team that was often ranked in the top 10 last season and over the past two years consecutively reach the Sweet 16 of the NCAA tournament.

When Colorado beat K State in the second round of the NCAA tournament, she neutralized All American Lee and she had a 24 & 6 game when Colorado upset LSU (w Angel Reese) during the regular season.

She is a very strong, 6’3” post. Will be another great post battle for Audi in Big 12 play (along with Lee at K State).

Last edited:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Vonleh, All PAC 12 post from Colorado transfers to Baylor.

She was the best player on the Colorado team that was often ranked in the top 10 last season and over the past two years consecutively reach the Sweet 16 of the NCAA tournament.

When Colorado beat K State in the second round of the NCAA tournament, she neutralized All American Lee and she had a 24 & 6 game when Colorado upset LSU (w Angel Reese) during the regular season.

She is a very strong, 6’3” post. Will be another great post battle for Audi in Big 12 play (along with Lee at K State).

Seems the answer to the question I had a year ago has been answered. When folks pointed to the new teams coming in being good I was asking if Colorado was a flash in the pan or sustainably good. Seems the former given all of their defections. Maybe going to have to give Baylor a bump up a notch.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Seems the answer to the question I had a year ago has been answered. When folks pointed to the new teams coming in being good I was asking if Colorado was a flash in the pan or sustainably good. Seems the former given all of their defections. Maybe going to have to give Baylor a bump up a notch.
That we remain a high-level program in that light is a credit to Iowa State. When you see people jump ship for some perceived advantage, maybe for them it works. On average we are pretty stable, effective, competitive, and a good place to be.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Holy buckets Batman! That’s one loaded team! They need it though. Once I became aware of Juju I started watching them. Felt they were missing some pieces to be a consistently dominant team. Well…they sure have them now.