WBB: Miscellaneous Thread for 2020-21 Season

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
No one is winning any style points in this game. And WTF is with the hair on the in-studio host?!?!?!? Someone likely had to tell her, "No, you look great!" :eek:

• Funny
Reactions: farm85

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Halftime: BU over UT/24-22
Egbo with the T for slamming the ball that she didn't mean to..:rolleyes:

12 turnovers: Texas
12 turnovers: Baylor

She did the slam bounce and catch but missed the catch. Pretty big oopsie there. Betting she got a chewing out by Coach Muleky.

Some really good defense. When anyone does get a open shot, not a lot of them, they are bricking them. Doesn't make for great TV but it is just tight defense not a really rough game. Also minimal flopping.* I hate it when everyone is falling down trying to draw fouls every few minutes.

* And as soon as I said that Collier flopped. Didn't get the call or any call so she probably won't do that again.

• Agree
Reactions: farm85

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
Also minimal flopping.* I hate it when everyone is falling down trying to draw fouls every few minutes.
Like Odyssey Sims used to do on every single possession? I swear they needed to attach a Swiffer to her behind, she was sliding across the floor on every possession when she played.

farm85

Mar 23, 2016
Flekkefjord, Norway
Schaefer with the T. Never saw a ref grab a coach by the arm before (let alone a lady ref) to try to calm him down. Think I have seen that ref at Hilton.... Schaefer's daughter finally got him calmed down. Think he was justified to be upset. Collier picked up her 4th foul

Last edited:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Schaefer with the T. Never saw a ref grab a coach by the arm before (let alone a lady ref) to try to calm him down. Think I have seen that ref at Hilton.... Schaefer's daughter finally got him calmed down. Think he was justified to be upset.

He should fit right in the Big 12. Seems half the coaches have their kids on their staff but I think the rest are sons. Gerlich can't hire her daughter yet because she is still playing ;)

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
OU has taken down Tech at home, 88-79. They now have won five out of six since they beat us and could win out and get to 10-8 in the league play, which will make our loss look better and improve our NET rating.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Like Odyssey Sims used to do on every single possession? I swear they needed to attach a Swiffer to her behind, she was sliding across the floor on every possession when she played.

Our own Joens fell a little in love with trying to draw charges but you can only do it a couple times a game and she was starting to fall down a bunch on defense before she dialed it back again. Rae is quite good at drawing legit non-flopping charges on hard drives to the hoop. Not a fan of everyone falling over at the light brush of an opponents forearm 25 feet from the basket. We, as a team, we get to doing that a bit in some games.

Last edited:

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
Baylor has secured yet another Big12 regular-season champion outright. Boring. I hope ISU and Texas can get better in the next few years to challenge Baylor like other power conferences where there are always multiple teams competing for league champions year in and year out.

mwwbbfan

Jun 1, 2010
Iowa City, IA
She did the slam bounce and catch but missed the catch. Pretty big oopsie there. Betting she got a chewing out by Coach Muleky.

Some really good defense. When anyone does get a open shot, not a lot of them, they are bricking them. Doesn't make for great TV but it is just tight defense not a really rough game. Also minimal flopping.* I hate it when everyone is falling down trying to draw fouls every few minutes.

* And as soon as I said that Collier flopped. Didn't get the call or any call so she probably won't do that again.

I think Warren from Texas is one of the dirtiest players in basketball, She undercuts people all of the time, the shot she put on DiDi was awful and then she fouls her again at the end and throws herself on the floor. She constantly runs into other players, grabs people on screens etc. What she does is not basketball.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Baylor has secured yet another Big12 regular-season champion outright. Boring. I hope ISU and Texas can get better in the next few years to challenge Baylor like other power conferences where there are always multiple teams competing for league champions year in and year out.

Well Vic has the coaching pedigree and and the advantage of being @Tx. But I would much prefer it if they would continue to underdeliver. When we picked of BU I thought there might be room, but then we fell back to earth and nobody took advantage of us picking them off. Oh well onto KC.

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
Our own Joens fell a little in love with trying to draw charges but you can only do it a couple times a game and she was starting to fall down a bunch on defense before she dialed it back again. Rae is quite good at drawing legit non-flopping charges on hard drives to the hoop. Not a fan of everyone falling over at the light brush of an opponents forearm 25 feet from the basket. We, as a team, we get to doing that a bit in some games.
Sims did it on pretty much every possession for Baylor when she was driving, whether there was contact or not. She was always trying to trick the zebras into thinking she'd been fouled. I don't think there's a lot of comparison between Sims constant flopping and what Ashley has done on the court, either with trying to take charges or the way defenses have beat her up when she's trying to get a shot off under the basket.

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
Kansas State beat TCU in Manhattan in overtime, 79-76. The ESPN scoreboard initially said it was tied at 77 with two seconds to go, but then they took one point away from TCU. Maybe a three was changed to a two? TCU fouled and KSU made both freebies.

Carr had 31 points for Kansas State, Lee had 29. No other Wildcat had more than 6. They were also 29-34 from the line thanks to 25 TCU fouls.

Heard had 35 for TCU. No one else was in double digits.

Last edited:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Well Vic has the coaching pedigree and and the advantage of being @Tx. But I would much prefer it if they would continue to underdeliver. When we picked of BU I thought there might be room, but then we fell back to earth and nobody took advantage of us picking them off. Oh well onto KC.

He's probably a couple years away from even competing for #2 let alone winning the Big 12. He does have three top 20 recruits coming next year so off to great start recruiting and who knows what he might get via the transfer portal this year. Prospects Nation says it is the #3 class for 2021. And he'll be making lots and lots of money. ;)

BTW, Baylor only signed a single player, a five star post.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Kansas State beat TCU in Manhattan in overtime, 79-76. The ESPN scoreboard initially said it was tied at 77 with two seconds to go, but then they took one point away from TCU. Maybe a three was changed to a two?

It was a two all the way. Foot on the line, called a two initially.