*** WBB vs. #7 Kansas State (Wed., 6:30) ***

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
For V-Day, that's an interesting request. I'm asking for a sweetheart of a victory. You have to LOVE our chances.
After a made free throw in the closing moments of the game, Brown blew a kiss to a fan that caught her attention in the stands.
“He told me, ‘Happy Valentine’s Day,’ so I was just trying to be nice and blow him a kiss,” Brown said. “So, happy Valentine’s Day everybody.”

Last edited:

savepolarbears

Dec 4, 2013
After a made free throw in the closing moments of the game, Brown blew a kiss to a fan that caught her attention in the stands.
“He told me, ‘Happy Valentine’s Day,’ so I was just trying to be nice and blow him a kiss,” Brown said. “So, happy Valentine’s Day everybody.”
We should recruit that guy, he made us a 100% FT shooting team. Funny it was mostly fellow Kansans he was heckling.

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
Hopefully Joens can get some lateral quickness in the off season. She gives up a lot of layups.
I'm biased as I know the young lady, but I know what you're talking about - I saw three plays last night when a KSU guard on the perimeter went right past Kelsey to the rim. Having said that, Kelsey Joens led ISU in the category of +/- last evening, as we were +12 in the 30 minutes Kelsey was on the court. In short, way more good than bad..

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
I'm biased as I know the young lady, but I know what you're talking about - I saw three plays last night when a KSU guard on the perimeter went right past Kelsey to the rim. Having said that, Kelsey Joens led ISU in the category of +/- last evening, as we were +12 in the 30 minutes Kelsey was on the court. In short, way more good than bad.
I don't think quickness is the right word. She has that. Kelsey in my opinion, is the fastest of the Joens and I think the words may be recognition and reaction to an offensive player's drive. It could be too early in her career to be super at that. Jalynn's defense is still developing, too.

Nor'easter

Sep 25, 2016
Why don't our women have their names on their jerseys? Assume its a money thing but I think they deserve to get personalized jerseys.

Reactions: dkdean

CloneSt8

Aug 1, 2011
Hoping Pop can drop off Larry at Green Hills or maybe Green Acres.

When he kept saying that the player that Joens fouled on the floor was shooting free throws as they were throwing the ball in, I thought he couldn’t get any worse. I was incorrect.

Despite Larry and the stripes, great game Cyclones!
At least three times he said that Lee was 6'-4" when I have always seen 6'-6". She sure looked 3" taller than Audi.

• Agree
Reactions: carvers4math

farm85

Mar 23, 2016
Flekkefjord, Norway

This is a good article!

"This was one of the best games of the season. If you watched it you got a treat".

"Iowa State needed that kind of a win to bolster their NCAA Tournament credentials. A couple more of those and the Cyclones might just have what they need to turn what was supposed to be a rebuilding year into a March Madness kind of year".