*** WBB @ WVU (Saturday-1pm CST) ***

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
"Quinerly" if you're looking for a one word summary. Man, she just killed us.

Ryan with nine TO and got tied up at least three times that I remember but we only lost one of those. That was pretty awful. 24 total TO's are about what WVU averages, not like we turned it over 30 times but that is still a metric ton of them from your PG.

Audi did great playing through fatigue and had a huge 25/16 double/double but everyone else disappeared in that 3rd quarter. Team was 2-14 from three in the 2nd after going 7-14 in the 1st.

Really good first half, not an awful 2nd half but not a good one either. Had those long spells of no FG's but still had 38 2nd half points and ended up at 78 against a team that gives up 57 on average.

Edit: Stuff keeps locking up on me so first post was incomplete.

Last edited:

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
Diew provided a spark in the 4th Quarter - great to see it! I question why CBF buried Bristow and Joens on the bench again down the stretch - both had made nice plays and neither is scared to take a shot. Quinerly stole Ryan’s lunch money. Final comment - WVU has a fine team and they should be able to protect home court - says something about our young squad that we had a chance! Go State!

• Agree
Reactions: kcdc4isu

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Diew provided a spark in the 4th Quarter - great to see it! I question why CBF buried Bristow and Joens on the bench again down the stretch - both had made nice plays and neither is scared to take a shot. Quinerly stole Ryan’s lunch money. Final comment - WVU has a fine team and they should be able to protect home court - says something about our young squad that we had a chance! Go State!

WVU solidified that they are a legit contender for the Big 12 title at least through the 3/4 mark of league play. They should win four of their next five (UCF, BYU, TT, Baylor, TCU), maybe all five.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
If some told me we would score 78 points today I would have thought that would heavily favored us.
I think this goes to a bad trend I talk about in my summary - our defense has too many breakdowns providing opponents with wide open shots. Our guard court does a terrible job of shifting or collapsing and leaving whoever they are supposed to guard wide open. Quinerly took advantage of this all day.