~Weather alert~ ...here we go again.

AIT

May 29, 2008
Johnston, IA
Got a lot of hail here in Johnston around 12pm.

We got big hail here too. It woke me up, and was shaking the house. I need to inspect things yet, but I'll be happy if we don't have any hail damage. I went out and saved a chunk that was bigger than a golf ball. Tangerine sized hail?

4VR4CY

Aug 28, 2007
Ankeny, IA
We had golf ball sized in Ankeny. It woke me up and sounded horrible hitting our house. I did a quick inspection this morning before I left and didn't see any damage, but will have to look again when I get home from work.

garn91

Jun 1, 2006
Ankeny
We had golf ball sized in Ankeny. It woke me up and sounded horrible hitting our house. I did a quick inspection this morning before I left and didn't see any damage, but will have to look again when I get home from work.

Man, I must have been out last night, I slept right through it.

CRCy17

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Chicago, IL
Man, I must have been out last night, I slept right through it.

Me too... just didn't notice a lot of action around the Welch Ave area... when we left there was a lot of cloud-to-cloud lightning and no rain... that I remember

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
When global warming give us these droughts we are supposed to be getting? I am tired of mowing that jungle in our backyard.

4VR4CY

Aug 28, 2007
Ankeny, IA
If you have windows this would have woke you up. It sounded like golf balls hitting your window.

When ripvdub yells "get away from the windows... NOW" you know it was bad. :yes:

I'm really surprised that I didn't see any damage to our siding. I just hope that I didn't miss anything in my quick look this morning. I was just thinking that it sounded like we lived on a driving range and there were golfers hitting balls at our house!

Help Support Us

Become a patron