Well hello there..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
Guys, stop trying to show off in front of the new guy, it makes us look desperate.

tumblr_mea1glUPgB1rurv44.gif

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
Thank you HappyJoe. I am bookmarking this thread. Now I know what I want to eat on my wedding day (if I ever get married.) You have made me a happy man.

The part outside of the parentheses will ensure the part inside the parentheses doesn't happen.

:pwink:

As a married man, just assume that nothing that that takes place on your wedding day will be your choice...unless it happens to align with your fiancee's choices that she's been thinking about since she was 5 years old.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
The part outside of the parentheses will ensure the part inside the parentheses doesn't happen.

:pwink:

As a married man, just assume that nothing that that takes place on your wedding day will be your choice...unless it happens to align with your fiancee's choices that she's been thinking about since she was 5 years old.

**** that ****. IF I WANT HAPPY JOES TACO PIZZA BY GOD I WILL GET IT!

Also, I am a Dothraki Khal.

TruClone

Mar 25, 2009
Quad Cities
Sweet, can you help me out with some recipe decisions? We don't have Happy Joes anywhere near me and I've tried recreating the pizza at home with some success, but it still isn't quite right.

I use generic nacho flavored chips because Doritos overpowers the flavor. Sounds like I was right on there.

For sauce, I mix refried beans and pizza sauce in a 1:1 ratio. Is that right?

I'm stumped on whether the meat is sausage, taco-seasoned beef, or some other kind of meat.

And I'm completely stumped on what type of pizza crust to use. Did they do anything special with the crust on those pizzas?

Happy Joe's is VERY overrated. No offense to our new member. The Taco Pizza is their best creation, everything else is just plain boring.

Last edited:

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
I loved Happy Joe's but it didn't love me back (gave me gas). Now we've gone our separate ways. Ahh the sweet sorrow.

HappyJoe

Jan 21, 2014
Des Moines
I loved Happy Joe's but it didn't love me back (gave me gas). Now we've gone our separate ways. Ahh the sweet sorrow.
Small price to pay for glory. As for it being overrated, not all HJ's are equal. Lol. I think the Ames store made some damn good pizza.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
What I remember from making HJ pizza through college was that the Refried beans were the only difference from the regular sauce, we used the three cheese blend exclusively (cheddar, provolone and ???) rather than the usual mozzarella with just sprinkling of blend and it was indeed a taco seasoned beef. The crust, both original and pan were the same as any other HJ pizza.

Other innovative HJ pizzas that maybe didn't get the attention they deserved were the BBQ pizza (BBQ - not pizza- sauce and BBQ shredded beef) and nacho pizza (taco pizza made with nacho cheese sauce rather than the Refried bean pizza sauce).

Damn, I've got a craving now!

Status
Not open for further replies.