What almost was...

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
We came just a few plays away from having Pitt, Clemson, and Nebraska all in a BCS bowl game with TCU vs Alabama in the NC.

What a day of college football.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
I am glad it happened this way. 5 undefeated teams proves the BCS does NOT work. What a bunch of crap this whole system is...

everyyard

Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
I am glad it happened this way. 5 undefeated teams proves the BCS does NOT work. What a bunch of crap this whole system is...

works fine for what it was created to do. you are just stuck in thinking it is designed to determine the final rank order of the top teams. that is just gravy to the original purpose. The only way it will stop working and lead to change is if a TCU or a Boise State can actually crash the national title game with the entire deck stacked against them.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
works fine for what it was created to do. you are just stuck in thinking it is designed to determine the final rank order of the top teams. that is just gravy to the original purpose. The only way it will stop working and lead to change is if a TCU or a Boise State can actually crash the national title game with the entire deck stacked against them.

No, it does not work. I thought Utah should have been in the NC game last season. They were faster and better than Alabama last season. We will never know if they could have won as they were not given the opportunity.
5 undefeated teams. Are we sure the top 2 will be playing for the NC this season?

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
No, it does not work. I thought Utah should have been in the NC game last season. They were faster and better than Alabama last season. We will never know if they could have won as they were not given the opportunity.
5 undefeated teams. Are we sure the top 2 will be playing for the NC this season?

I think Utah would have been competitive with any team. I'd like to see TCU against Florida or Texas.