what happens to 50% of college football if there are 4 conferences and a playoff?

Tedcyclone

Oct 27, 2009
West Des Moines
My question to those that think there will be 4 major super conferences... What happens to all those other teams? If they keep the BCS bowls then nothing, but if they go to a playoff system all those other conferences will have to be included... no way they would keep playing with no hopes of a post season at all.

cyclonepower

Oct 5, 2006
WDM
maybe keep some sort of bowl systems with the teams not involved in the playoff, we would just never have a chance at the playoff

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
My question to those that think there will be 4 major super conferences... What happens to all those other teams? If they keep the BCS bowls then nothing, but if they go to a playoff system all those other conferences will have to be included... no way they would keep playing with no hopes of a post season at all.

Rumor is within 10 years these superconferences won't even be part of the NCAA, being as they will have ditched it to form their organization, so I really don't think they care what happens to the ones that get left out...