Info: What web browsers do CF users use the most?

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
Ah, that would make sense. It's interesting that it is half of iOS still.

Definitely surprising considering:

screen-shot-2016-05-23-at-9-03-37-am.png

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny

In the US the marketshare between iOS and Android is essentially 50/50. If you were able to break that down farther to people with enough disposable income to actively follow a sports team I'd bet the iOS market grows even more

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
This is for you tech geeks out there.

I am currently in the process of doing research on our site/the business, etc. and I thought some of you would find this interesting. It's percentages of what web browsers people on CF use the most. This was just for the month of April.

Internet Explorer -33.34%
Safari - 21.55%
Chrome - 18.75%
Firefox - 18.18%
Android Browser - 6.17%

Everything else was less than a percent. Just thought I'd drop that info for you today. Have fun!

On bye weeks, I like to really dig deep into our site's analytics and learn more about traffic, our users, etc. I know a lot of you web geeks are also interested in this stuff so here are a few nuggets I learned today.

What browsers do CF users used most?

--- 45 % of you use Chrome.
--- 26 % of you use Safari.
--- 8 % of you are on Firefox
--- 7 % are on Internet explorer
--- The rest is via iPhone, Android aps.
--- .2 % of you are still using Netscape :cool:

Operating systems

--- 41 % use Windows
--- 28 % use iOS
--- Linux at 15.4 %
--- Macintosh (old school) at 8.5 %

Where do you come from?

--- 83 % of our traffic is direct, with the rest coming from search engines, social media, etc.

This means you guys are very loyal, and I love you for that.

• Winner
Reactions: Angie

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I do my web surfing through a shadow browser that routes through 7 different countries. That way They don't know where I am.

I thought you said "... I don't know where I am."

mctallerton

Apr 4, 2006
I freely admit I held on to Netscape (Navigator & Communicator) until they were no longer supported.
I use Firefox. I'm not a gamer, don't do a lot of streaming of movies & stuff (occasionally games). Familiarity goes a long way with me. I know how to use Firefox, and I'm good with that. Unlike you younger folk, I am not driven to latch on to every shiny new thing that comes along. :p
Dreams ruined, I was hoping you were a twitch gamer grill.

digZ

Sep 2, 2011
Colorado

screen-shot-2016-05-23-at-9-03-37-am.png

That's worldwide though, I suspect that iOS a significantly higher percentage of users in the US. The high percentage of Android worldwide is due to the widespread availability of cheap Android smart phones that permeate the low end market in other countries.

Android probably still has a bigger share in the US than iOS, but I suspect that among high end phones, it's much more even, and why you see a more even split among the more tech savvy forum goers.