Which NFL fandom is most Cy-like?

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
I’m a 23 year old Cowboys fan. Iowa State has had about the same success as the Cowboys in my lifetime
I would compare the Cowboys to Nebraska. They are a national brand due to their history but haven't done jack in a quarter century. They have a delusional fanbase full of Walmart t-shirt fans who have never attended a game in their lives but think they are above others because they follow a team that won some games in the 90s. They are also generally unaware of the changes to the landscape of the game that now present serious challenges to their team returning to prominance, so they still expect the team to finally be back every year.

ISUATC

Feb 1, 2007
Why are Chargers the least?

They've never won a championship. They often disappoint. They don't have any sort of national following or bandwagoners.

The organization has been through a lot of **** historically.

If you meet a fan of that team, you know they're gritty and a true fan.

I think there are a lot of similarities,
Lifetime Chargers fan here. I grew up watching Air Coryell football. I've got two nut cups. One is worn on Saturday's and the other on Sunday's.

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
Could have been the Chiefs with the atmosphere, etc. But they are winning titles now and have Taylor Swift. We can't even get Eric Church to show us some love. So not the Chiefs.

Lions, no. Vikings, no. Cannot relate to teams that do not play in the real outdoor world.

Can't be any East or West coast team. Midwest only. Not the Packers, too much success.

So maybe the Browns? Don't know their tailgate situation, but seems like a good fanbase that has stuck with the team for years.

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
Could have been the Chiefs with the atmosphere, etc. But they are winning titles now and have Taylor Swift. We can't even get Eric Church to show us some love. So not the Chiefs.

Lions, no. Vikings, no. Cannot relate to teams that do not play in the real outdoor world.

Can't be any East or West coast team. Midwest only. Not the Packers, too much success.

So maybe the Browns? Don't know their tailgate situation, but seems like a good fanbase that has stuck with the team for years.
I think we are a more similar to Seattle than any of the NFC north teams actually. Seahawks have awesome fans.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Browns and there is no other close. Never won anything, **** on by the NFL and the other teams. Mismanaged for years. Super loyal fans even through it all. And only fans "went" there. No bandwagon, t-shirt fans.

Cowboys, nuff said.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
First thought was most similar: Browns, but Buffalo makes good sense too.

First thought least similar (and no one has mentioned yet): Raiders

Browns probably are second on my list, behind Lions.

Buffalo is a maybe, but I eliminated because of the four straight Super Bowl appearances, even if it's a narrow time frame. All were losses, yes, so that has a sort of Iowa State-ish aspect to it (and the unfortunate "wide right"), but ISU hasn't reached that level (relative to CFB).

Help Support Us

Become a patron