MLB: Who is going to play SS for the Yankees today?

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Wilson Betimit
Morgan Ensberg
ARod
Minor leaguer

Jeter is out and I certainly don't think Betimit can get it done at SS anymore. Ensberg has played short but he isn't any better than Betimit... Do they bring up a minor leaguer or move ARod over there? Jeter is not going on the DL so it may be hard to make a roster move.

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
Lineups already announced. As expected, it's Betemit.

A-town Cy

Aug 4, 2006
Huxley
Wilson Betimit will I assume. Morgan Ensberg can in for him yesterday but played first and Betimit went to SS.

bfeil

Apr 16, 2006
What happened to Jeter? Im a yankees fan but have not started following them as much because of march maddness, but now that basketball is over and there is no football, its all baseball

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
What happened to Jeter? Im a yankees fan but have not started following them as much because of march maddness, but now that basketball is over and there is no football, its all baseball

Tweaked his groin yesterday, I believe.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Is the game going on? Im about 10 miles from the stadium right now and its been raining most of the day. It has let up of late.

I was hoping it'd be rained out, I have tickets for tomorrow night and would love to see opening day at a nice discount.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Jeter sucks at shortstop, anyway.

Some guy did a pretty advanced statistical thing and found that Jeter was the second worst defensive player in baseball behind only ManRam.

Not nearly as dubious is John Dewan’s book, “The Fielding Bibleâ€￾, in which Dewan culls data from every play and rates players on a plus-minus scale – plus for making a play that at least one of his peers had missed, and minus for the opposite. It is the new standard for fielding statistics, and in the past three years, Jeter is minus-90, the second-worst number in all of baseball, better only than Manny Ramirez’s minus-109.