WHO RADIO

CycloneBob

Aug 9, 2010
Ames
Maxwell and his cohost haven't been on the WHO early morning show for about 2-3 weeks. What's going on?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
It'll hit Kxno again, and I doubt jobs will be saved. Maybe a couple at best.

Syndicated shows are cheaper to run. Nature of the beast.

MJ29

Aug 21, 2020
Max did a lot at iHeart -- the morning show, The Bus, lots of promotions work. His dismissal came as a shock and seems like an odd move.

I'm starting to wonder how much longer iHeart Des Moines will be around.

Reactions: exCYtable

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
It'll hit Kxno again, and I doubt jobs will be saved. Maybe a couple at best.

Syndicated shows are cheaper to run. Nature of the beast.
Yep, probably some confirmation bias on CF but feels like there’s far less support for the shows than 4 years ago.
Unfortunately I don’t think listeners would rally behind saving them this time.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I wouldn't be surprised to see the morning and afternoon shows go away soon on KXNO. Not sure about the other two. I think they actually buy their time from the radio station and get their own sponsors so they may last longer. I remember they were still on the air when everyone else got canned the first time. I think podcast groups like IA Everywhere are the future of not just sports talk but a lot of different types of media including news.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
I wouldn't be surprised to see the morning and afternoon shows go away soon on KXNO. Not sure about the other two. I think they actually buy their time from the radio station and get their own sponsors so they may last longer. I remember they were still on the air when everyone else got canned the first time. I think podcast groups like IA Everywhere are the future of not just sports talk but a lot of different types of media including news.
Yes I believe Miller and Condon and Murph and Andy buy airtime
Last time they decided to no air, in a show of solidarity

Guessing Murph and Andy would just hang it up the next time

• Agree
Reactions: MJ29

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I saw Emery Songer tweet about filling in on the WHO morning show. Which seemed odd to me since he has his own show in the Omaha market.

garn91

Jun 1, 2006
Ankeny
I saw Emery Songer tweet about filling in on the WHO morning show. Which seemed odd to me since he has his own show in the Omaha market.
He'll do the show from Omaha. Simon Conway hosts a daily show for a station in Orlando from the WHO studios.

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
Yes I believe Miller and Condon and Murph and Andy buy airtime
Last time they decided to no air, in a show of solidarity

Guessing Murph and Andy would just hang it up the next time

Didn’t miller and Condon keep going? I think I remember hearing Murph and Andy were considering a different station or something

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron