• Yes

Votes: 74 48.4%
  • No

Votes: 79 51.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

alaskaguy

Apr 11, 2006
Although I have concluded that capital punishment is a deterrent I do not favor the death penalty. The use of capital punishment should be a matter for political and moral choice, rather than based simply on its efficacy as a deterrent against crime.

flyhighcy

Aug 7, 2006
Mormon and some Fundamentalist churches believe in personhood at conception; Judaism holds that it begins at birth and abortion is not murder; ensoulment theories vary widely within Protestantism. The religious community will never reach consensus on the definition of a "person" or when abortion is morally justified.

The largest institutional religious body on the planet (the 1.05 billion Roman Catholics) also believe in Personhood begins at conception. The encyclical Humane' Vitae states the Church officially believes that conception begins at the point of fertilization and personhood begins at conception.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I love it when a bunch of men gather around and talk about how women should and shouldn't behave and what they should and shouldn't do with their bodies.

It's so 19th century!