Women move up in poll

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
Surprised that Texas did not move up.

Pretty crowded with one-loss teams ahead of Texas....Going to be an interesting year and interesting ride to final four. Right now, I can see 15 or so teams capable of making the final four.

I think the tight game with Texas showed people that ISU was for real.

Can't believe Michigan St. jumped like they did.....

A 2/3 seed, or a 6/7 seed would be the ideal for a lot of teams this year. Right now, ISU is sitting around a 4/5. It would be awesome to move up to a 3 seed, but the 4/5 is going to get Notre Dame, UConn, Baylor, Louisville, Stanford or Oregon. I'd love for us to hit it out of the park at get a 3 seed, then play a 2 seed. That would be our best chance to get to the final four this year. I think the playing field is about as flat at the top as I have seen for a very long time. Everyone is beatable this year. Everyone.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Two of the ranked teams on ESPN2 right now, Gophers vs Iowa in the Barn. Gophers were down early with Gustafson getting almost a double/double in the first quarter but Gophers turned over Iowa a million times in the 2nd and have the halftime lead by 9. Pulling for the Gophers but appreciate how good Gustafson is. Some pretty good team in the Big this season.

• Agree
Reactions: casey1973

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Pretty crowded with one-loss teams ahead of Texas....Going to be an interesting year and interesting ride to final four. Right now, I can see 15 or so teams capable of making the final four.

I think the tight game with Texas showed people that ISU was for real.

Can't believe Michigan St. jumped like they did.....

A 2/3 seed, or a 6/7 seed would be the ideal for a lot of teams this year. Right now, ISU is sitting around a 4/5. It would be awesome to move up to a 3 seed, but the 4/5 is going to get Notre Dame, UConn, Baylor, Louisville, Stanford or Oregon. I'd love for us to hit it out of the park at get a 3 seed, then play a 2 seed. That would be our best chance to get to the final four this year. I think the playing field is about as flat at the top as I have seen for a very long time. Everyone is beatable this year. Everyone.

We need to rack up wins in the Big 12 as outside of the top 3 no one else is even getting votes. Good year to have a strong NC slate to boost the RPI and whatnots the committee likes.