Status
Not open for further replies.

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
I keep seeing ads show up for "Lady Fanatics", some women's sportswear store, with four Hawkeye shirts and some caps. I've only seen them in the large vertical ad spaces underneath the forum menu bar, but I've been seeing them a great deal tonight. Can we get those removed? Thanks.

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
I also forgot to mention the "College Football Store" ads. I'm not bothered as much by those, but Iowa does show up in them (as it did just now for me). I don't really understand the point of advertising for other teams' apparel on an Iowa State website. If it gets the site some money, fine- as long as they get rid of the Iowa ad (and Nebraska, if there is one) and add an ISU one.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
These are content based ads by Google. We do not control what ads pop up. If people are talking about Iowa, Hawkeye ads will pop up. If people are discussing Alabama, Tide ads will show up. That's just the way that it goes.

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
Nuts. Doesn't Google give you some control? I thought you were allowed to block specific ads and not have them show up again.

Okay, thank you.

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
Does it really bother you that much? Tell me there is nothing else that you have to worry about or write about...

Maybe if people didn't obsess about Iowa on this board they wouldn't show up.

Just a thought. Now get a life.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Does it really bother you that much? Tell me there is nothing else that you have to worry about or write about...

internettoughguy.jpg

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames

Good grief dude, pull the stick out of your rear and try again. I hardly think one question/comment about Iowa constitutes "obsessing". I asked a question, and I have my answer. Deal with it and stop crying.

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
Me crying?

You're the one who made a new thread about removing Hawkeye ads from the site :biglaugh:
And I didn't say you obsessed over Iowa. I said people on the site do. It's a google ad...they wouldn't post Iowa ads if people didn't say Iowa or Hawkeye on this board.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
Me crying?

You're the one who made a new thread about removing Hawkeye ads from the site
And I didn't say you obsessed over Iowa. I said people on the site do. It's a google ad...they wouldn't post Iowa ads if people didn't say Iowa or Hawkeye on this board.

I'm guessing just saying "Iowa" may make it come up, as in "Iowa" State.

ISU_phoria

Apr 10, 2006
Andover, MN
It's definitely a good thing I'm not a moderator, because I would absolutely abuse my power on this thread! Aka "Thread Closed"

Status
Not open for further replies.