WVU game a mirror of the season

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
this one is easy to describe. Missed shots, turnovers and missed free throws down the stretch. Did I mention missed shots? Starting five were a combined 12 of 54. Ouch. Carlton again a volume shooter making only 5 of 24. Someone, anyone has to step up and find the basket.

The ladies battled and we know the WVU style, but the chances were there. Tough place versus a tough team. Another close loss. Another thread mentioned what was ahead the rest of the season. If, a big if, the ladies can find the inside of the basket they are capable of winning several games. Until then...more of the same.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
The three point shooting has been brutal in our four Big 12 games, 21 of 96 for 22%. 4 for 24 and 17% today. If we can at least hit a normal team average of 33% we might have been able to win this one and maybe even steal the game with the Sooners.

Guessing we can still shoot ourselves to a few conference wins. Can't shoot that bad the rest of the season.

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
For a program known for good shooters, we sure have seen the doldrums of it the last few years.

I'm sorry but BF makes me sick. Bridget is 5 of 22, 1 of 8 from 3, has 5 turnovers, 5 fouls, and he continues to laud her in post games.

casey1973

Apr 20, 2012
Ames
For a program known for good shooters, we sure have seen the doldrums of it the last few years.

I'm sorry but BF makes me sick. Bridget is 5 of 22, 1 of 8 from 3, has 5 turnovers, 5 fouls, and he continues to laud her in post games.

Favorite........

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

I stopped listening to his post game stuff a few years ago. I was getting to the point of just absolutely hating his post game crap so I just stopped listening. His over the top praise for his favs and his backhanded "compliments", or worse, to those he just doesn't seem to personally like. You to should stop listening.

And not dissing Carleton. Nobody sounded to have played well, Bridget competes hard but a personal bad game is bad game even if you are the team star. I doubt she thinks she deserved any accolades today.

67CY

Apr 13, 2006

He continues to say she isn’t getting any help from the other players. I wonder what he wants them to do when she is dribbling most of the time and looking for her shot (I think by his design)