Wyatt Rhoads track and field article

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Good for him. But let's not lose sight of the fact that Iowa State was exceptionally good to his family from a monetary standpoint.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Good for him. But let's not lose sight of the fact that Iowa State was exceptionally good to his family from a monetary standpoint.
Which is good as track and field isn't know for being the vast pool of scholarships that football can be...Iowa State has 12.6 track and field scholarships...divided between the entire men's team (43 on roster)...that averages about $2,000 per athlete per year...that's it. An elite athlete might get close to a full scholly...most get next to nothing.

I see this as a young man that is trying to do things that he likes and working to improve...and he obviously loves Iowa State.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Good kid. But I don't understand the snarkiness of everyone here regarding his dad. His dad was a great guy! But he was being paid to win, and the wins didn't come. I have a job that requires results. If the results don't come I need to make adjustments, then changes, and if the results still don't come then the next change is for me to be replaced and the next guy in my chair gets to shoot for the results.

I wish that whole family the best! For who they are and for what they did at ISU!

Reactions: coolerifyoudid

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Good kid. But I don't understand the snarkiness of everyone here regarding his dad. His dad was a great guy! But he was being paid to win, and the wins didn't come. I have a job that requires results. If the results don't come I need to make adjustments, then changes, and if the results still don't come then the next change is for me to be replaced and the next guy in my chair gets to shoot for the results.

I wish that whole family the best! For who they are and for what they did at ISU!
Mostly agree. He was a great guy and a upstanding ambassador for Iowa State. He didn't produce on the field so he was fired. He is gone now so there is no reason for people to continue to bad mouth him.

However, this is a thread about Iowa State's quality decathlete, not Paul Rhoads.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

Topshelf

Jan 31, 2007
Ames, IA
Great family! Very difficult situation when your father is let go. Unbelievable the passion Wyatt still has for Iowa State. So hard for any of us to put ourselves in their shoes.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa

I think it proves that Wyatt Rhoads is a better man that a lot of people on CF. Perhaps even Paul Rhoads :confused: :p