Yes it was in Waco, but...

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Looking forward to seeing how our gals do against the best on the road. Stopped into local gamewatch locale tonight and confirmed that they have Fox SW so will be able to grab a beer and watch this.

Just hoping we don't try the Cyclone's Jayne Appel defense on Brown. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

geewago

Jan 1, 2013
Waco,tx
Storrs, CT, South Bend, IN and Waco, TX are probably the three most difficult places in the nation to win at. UConn was able to to beat ND rather convincingly on their own court this year, but was unable to do it here in Waco. I've seen very few losses here and 90% of them were dogfights to the end. Ironically Karen Aston has only beat Baylor one time in her career and it was at Waco. That was a very fluky game in many ways, but regardless they brought there best game of the season that night and the final score was in there favor.

To beat Baylor here a team, any team, has to bring their A+ game. You have to shoot exceptionally well from the three point line and you must at least make it difficult in the paint for them. Winning on the road in the Big 12 is the secret to winning the conference. Some still subscribe to the theory of "Protect your home court and steal a few on the road". That may give you a decent record but it will not get a conference championship or a #1 seed in the ncaa tournament. With the way that TX & BU have been recruiting it pretty much guarantees all the other teams a 3rd to 4th place finish if you lose 3 to 4 games.

I am very happy to see that Iowa States recruiting has improved the last two years. Bringing in players like Joens has brought some good immediate results to the team. Just need to keep them coming and more success will be in the making. You fans up there really don't realize how much I wish you could rake in a couple of top ten players. Especially a tall athletic dominant post. Every team needs at least one of them hanging around. I wish the sisters well in Waco Wednesday night. I'll plan to be there to see it all and I sure hope they play their best. I can assure you if they pull off the upset I'll be the first to come on here and congratulate all you Cyclone fans.

As I see it, they are 3 future games the Bears face that will be difficult and could be trap games. At TX, at WV and at ISU. Those will be the tough ones for sure. I hope the weather is not too bad on the 23rd of February as I hope to be able to be in Ames for that one. Hopefully I can meet up with nwicy who gave me tickets last year and also acoustimac who donated his tickets the year before. Not that I'm looking for free tickets again but would just love to see old friends. And maybe, just maybe, I can convince boxstercy to come out of hibernating and come down. Would love to meet him too.

OK, sorry for the lengthy article. I'm prone to get carried away this late at night.

Last edited: