Yeti Coolers Opinions

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Are you going on a camping trip where you need to keep something cold for 4 days? If not, Yeti or anything similar is total overkill.

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
I'll never fault anyone for spending their money as they see fit. If someone wants a $400 cooler, more power to them. I will also know that the beer I'm drinking is just as cold the Zima inside their Yeti.

As I said, mine only cost $50 because of the gift card, and my busch light will taste damn good from it.

StevieISU23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 31, 2007
Urbandale
Not sure a $400 cooler is worth it, but.

We use a buddy's Yeti for Ice-Fishing. It keeps our Beer in a Not-Frozen Solid state-.

We typically grab a few Cases of Beer at the nearest Liquor Store (20 miles away). If we put the cases in the bed of the truck, and it's -14 degree. When we get back to Camp.....
Frozen solid Beer.
The beer we put in the Yeti, was nice & cold & and not Frozen solid.

We drank that, while the others thawed out...

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
My 15 year plastic Coleman has never failed me....

My 20+ year old Igloo has failed me. It's the cooler I used tailgating at ISU football games when I was in school. I'm 40 now and still have it. It hasn't gotten the job done in a long time - ice just does not keep in it any longer. When it was brand new, ice would remain for days. Now the ice will be nearly gone the next morning.

'Twas a good cooler and I can't bring myself to get rid of it, but it is long past time for an upgrade.

Reactions: Bobber

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
As I said, mine only cost $50 because of the gift card, and my busch light will taste damn good from it.

You sound like my wife. Just because the majority is purchased with a gift card doesn't mean it was 'free', imo. If there was a stipulation that the gift card could only be used for a Yeti, that'd be closer to the case (although you could still sell the cooler for cash). There's almost always an opportunity cost involved.

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
You sound like my wife. Just because the majority is purchased with a gift card doesn't mean it was 'free', imo. If there was a stipulation that the gift card could only be used for a Yeti, that'd be closer to the case (although you could still sell the cooler for cash). There's almost always an opportunity cost involved.
I guess a different way to put it, is I would have never bought one if I didn't have the gift card. And since there was nothing else I really wanted at Cabela's at that time, why the hell not?

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
My 20+ year old Igloo has failed me. It's the cooler I used tailgating at ISU football games when I was in school. I'm 40 now and still have it. It hasn't gotten the job done in a long time - ice just does not keep in it any longer. When it was brand new, ice would remain for days. Now the ice will be nearly gone the next morning.

'Twas a good cooler and I can't bring myself to get rid of it, but it is long past time for an upgrade.

Sentimental fool!:p

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Look at Kohls receipt honey and see all the money I saved?!?!

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Look at Kohls receipt honey and see all the money I saved?!?!

Thanks, you've managed to enrage me as I sit at my desk getting ready for my day. This is a conversation I've had with my spouse countless times.

"See, we saved $100, it says so at the bottom"

"We didn't save $100."

"It says right here we did"

"It also says that package of socks retails at $40..."

• Funny
Reactions: JP4CY and Tailg8er

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I went with a 50 Qt K2 Summit Series from Massdrop. $119 shipped. Seemed like a good deal.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Not sure a $400 cooler is worth it, but.

We use a buddy's Yeti for Ice-Fishing. It keeps our Beer in a Not-Frozen Solid state-.

We typically grab a few Cases of Beer at the nearest Liquor Store (20 miles away). If we put the cases in the bed of the truck, and it's -14 degree. When we get back to Camp.....
Frozen solid Beer.
The beer we put in the Yeti, was nice & cold & and not Frozen solid.

We drank that, while the others thawed out...

Your last sentence answers your first sentence!