You have to feel bad for Kansas State

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Who would have thought it only took a little over a year for Tang to make KSU almost as deplorable as KU....

At least when Self loses he has good content/convo with reporters about basketball, doesn't make excuses, and recognizes they got their butts kicked. Tang will just (unprompted) call out players and refs.

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
It had been so long since they beat us in anything significant. Nightmares of Abu Sama shredding them up for months, the meltdown in Hilton. Then they finally get us on Saturday, and got to enjoy it for 5 days. At least they'll get to host an NIT game.
SIAP, but I don't think they will be hosting. Top two in the NET in each conference plus 'first four out' are NIT hosts. They trail Cincy and UCF in the NET and won't be first four either. So, they will be a road team

Last edited:

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Who would have thought it only took a little over a year for Tang to make KSU almost as deplorable as KU....

At least when Self loses he has good content/convo with reporters about basketball, doesn't make excuses, and recognizes they got their butts kicked. Tang will just (unprompted) call out (his own) players and refs.
edited for accuracy . . .

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
I feel bad for normal fans I know that kind of try to defend or like Tang.
How many years of actually "liking" or at least have a common friendship have been tossed down the drain because of this putz?

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Obviously, I don't feel sorry for them, but they do have a good team. That lull in the middle of the season (post ISU Tang tantrum) killed them. Pick up one more W during that stretch and they are in.

We broke them

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
As easy as it is to make fun of purple, I got called "dapper as ****" rocking a lavender shirt with grey suit pants at a wedding recently by a lady friend right in front of her husband.
Took her to the coat room?

Lexclone

I survived the 2023 ad invasion
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2013
Massachusetts
No, no I don't feel sorry for K-State. Seeing them lose is usually pretty fun in fact.
I wish there was a losers bracket in the Big XII tournament so I’d have a chance to see them lose again. :jimlad:

Purple Kansas tears are like the Kirkland brand of Hawkeye tears: not exactly the same, but still pretty darn good.

Reactions: rosshm16 and NWICY

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron