You may have remember Ku running back Brandon Bourbon ...

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Step away from the message boards for a while, man. I can't think of one reason why starting a thread on an ISU message board about a former KU football player committing suicide is appropriate or necessary.

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Damn...poor kid. Hope it wasn't another situation similar to Sash.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Step away from the message boards for a while, man. I can't think of one reason why starting a thread on an ISU message board about a former KU football player committing suicide is appropriate or necessary.

Did he day anything negative about the guy? Unbunch those panties. Sad deal.

dtISU

Nov 17, 2010
A suburb of Ames

So - you get to be message board police if it involves ku?

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012

The only thing in this thread that isn't appropriate or necessary is tuco.

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
that is a sad situation, have to think cte had a part in the situation. I think we'll see more and more people chose to not play the sport in the future because of the known long term effects.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Hate to see this for any team rather your own or a rival. No idea if linked to CTE or not, but glad CTE is now a topic on the forefront of a lot of people's minds.

ISU_phoria

Apr 10, 2006
Andover, MN
Sash was a pill popper before cte.

CTE can only be diagnosed post mortem. Sash was likely experiencing the effects for a long time.

He was popping pain meds, so regardless, his situation was likely due to the negative long term effects of playing the game.

It's becoming very scary, the more we learn of the long-term impacts of playing football has, especially on the brain.

I'm really struggling with whether my 11 year old son should continue playing.

Dopey

Nov 2, 2009

You're right. We should just try to block this from our minds so we don't accidentally continue the discussions of head injuries in football, or God forbid, send our condolences to KU

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
Last edited: