Zach McCabe Tweet

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Tweeting at players is such a cowardly move. You should not call yourself "fan". You are disgrace. Who gives a right to treat those student athletes that way?

It's just as embarrassing that any of our fans sent Thomas negative tweets. Kid is a freshman and one of the most highly rated ISU has ever had. It's probably best to not even follow players or assume you can communicate with them in any way, they're kids playing for a scholarship.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
A better question is do they think they're better than Wisconsin. They did after the first loss.

Jon Miller will still have Iowa ahead of Wisconsin in his power rankings I'm sure. That one had to be tough for him, he HATES Wisconsin

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
Just classic Hawk fans. Watched a couple of them get kicked out of a sports book in Vegas on Saturday for wanting to fight a Wisconsin fan.

Last edited:

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
A better question is do they think they're better than Wisconsin. They did after the first loss.
Ross on the Morning Rush today thought Iowa should have beaten Wisconsin both times.
I don't know why I put myself though it, but I listened to him soap box about twitter/fans for 30 minutes this morning waiting for some commentary about ISU's win. Finally got to ISU, first caller was an Iowa fan.

I would love to see Iowa slip up against Minnesota or Indiana this week. They could easily find themselves in 6th place in the Big 10, behind Nebraska!

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Jon Miller will still have Iowa ahead of Wisconsin in his power rankings I'm sure.

This is because game scores mean nothing to hawktards. In the same way they've never "lost" a football game to ISU they haven't really "lost" a basketball game this season. I challenge anyone here to find an Iowa fan who will admit that they lost a basketball game this season to a team who was better than them. It's pretty obvious KU is better than us...you will not find an Iowa fan who can admit Wisconsin is better than them.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Jon Miller will still have Iowa ahead of Wisconsin in his power rankings I'm sure. That one had to be tough for him, he HATES Wisconsin

Over/Under on how many times Wolfgang and Miller describe Iowa as a "great team" on their next podcast? I'll set the number at 94.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I'll admit that podcast is a guilty pleasure of mine.

Here's my Wolfgang impression: "We are a great team, Jon, I mean G-R-E-A-T. I don't care if we lose this next game, or if we've lost the last game, we are GREAT. I've never seen such a great team that has lost so many games.

Let me ask you a question, Jon, and I'm being serious here, Jon, really serious, what's the most losses a National Championship team has had? I'm going to go ahead and say it, we're going to win the National Championship. How do I know that, Jon? Ask me how I know that, Jon. It's because we are a GREAT TEAM."

CarolinaCy

Apr 18, 2008
For some reason they think adjusted offensive tempo kenpom ranking means more than having NCAA tournament experience. I'll take our leading scorers having played and won NCAA games, our #11 RPI going into the real tournament, and our #26 Kenpom rating over their vaunted #10 Kenpom, #30 RPI and zero NCAA experience. These offensive tempo/scoring margin computer rankings seem to have really fueled the hype fire the media started in the offseason. A lot of times if an Iowa fan says "ranking" he's referencing KenPom without even specifying it assuming it's the most legitimate.

They're doing slightly better than I predicted, they brought back a marginally athletic team (outside of White and Marble) that couldn't shoot. They're shooting the ball way better (outside of the airball the thread is about) so that answered one of their questions in a good way.

All of those ranking/rating systems are great, but eventually you actually need to win some games too. That seems to be the part that Iowa struggles with.