Zach Wins Another

guitarchitect7

Oct 8, 2006
www.chrisboeke.com
Zach Johnson won a playoff with Ryuji Imada to win his third career tournament. This win also brings all his career wins in the state of Georgia; maybe he should consider moving!

Way to go Zach!

Source

Last edited:

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
Great job out of Zach!!

While I do not think he will be a Vijay or Tiger type player, he seems like the player type that could be in the top 15 of many tournamnets for the next 10 years or so. With the kind of money that gets paid out in these tourney's, that is nothing to sneeze at.

I still think he will win on average about 1-2 tourneys per year as well.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I hope someone calls in to Marty and Miller this afternoon and blasts Marty for being wrong AGAIN.

Marty recently said that Zach was a flash in the pan and would never win on tour again. Well not only did he win another tournament, he is 4th in the standings and joins Tiger, Phil, and Vijay as the only multiple winners on the Tour this year.

I hope Zach continues to play well and takes down a couple more.

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
I heard Marty say that but I don't think he meant Zach would "never" win again. I took it as he thought Zach wouldn't ever win another major, or "big" tournament.

I see his career going similar to a Fred Couples, Davis Love lll type. Never going to be a dominant force, but a guy who makes the cut every week, usually finishes the year in the top 30 on the money list and wins the occasional tournament.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I heard Marty say that but I don't think he meant Zach would "never" win again. I took it as he thought Zach wouldn't ever win another major, or "big" tournament.

He meant EVER when he was talking. They talked about it for a couple of days and he repeatedly said that Zach probably wouldn't win another tournament (this was after he shot an 80).

joepublic

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
I could see him winning a hard, fast U.S. Open for another wager. Maybe even a couple of those. Probably no other majors, tho. He's got a Lee Janzen game, but is a better putter.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I could see him winning a hard, fast U.S. Open for another wager. Maybe even a couple of those. Probably no other majors, tho. He's got a Lee Janzen game, but is a better putter.

Good point Joe. He tears up those hard and fast courses. If his long-iron play gets a little better, I could see him winning a British Open in the future.

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006

I see his career going similar to a Fred Couples, Davis Love lll type. Never going to be a dominant force, but a guy who makes the cut every week, usually finishes the year in the top 30 on the money list and wins the occasional tournament.

No, Marty actually said he thought he was a flash in the pan and he probably wouldn't win another tourney, I don't think he said ANYTHING about it having to be a major. He and Kenny were going to re-visit the Zach watch every couple weeks to check on it. I think Marty even bet Kenny a steak or something.

I think I am going to call in cuz there is nothing I like better than catching Marty when he is wrong. Ex. when he said Santo was quote "in a really bad way" and thought he wouldn't be back.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron