Zambrano signs extension

nboltz

Apr 9, 2006
Ames
Carlos Zambrano has signed a 5 year contract extension worth 90 million. Cubs to have press conference at 10:15.

isuarch80

Sep 25, 2006
Dallas, TX
This is great news!!! I heard this as well and am ecstatic!!! I knew they'd get it done though - but I couldn't stand all the Cards fans thinking he was ending up in STL next year...
Now lets focus on sweeping the Cards this weekend!

joepublic

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
This is great news!!! I heard this as well and am ecstatic!!! I knew they'd get it done though - but I couldn't stand all the Cards fans thinking he was ending up in STL next year...
Now lets focus on sweeping the Cards this weekend!

No cards fans who know their stuff thought the birds would pay him zito money with the money they have tied up in carpenter and mulder.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Good signing for the Cubs and glad to finally see a big name player back his words up by taking less money to stay with the team he wants to play for. Z could have easily got near $20 mil a year had he tested the free agent waters this winter.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
I'm a little surprised by this. Didn't he say early on that if they didn't get a deal done, they wouldn't start talking again until the end of the season?

Have to wonder with contract negotiations going on, that didn't have some affect on his recent outings?

Like I said above, hopefully this takes some pressure off him and he can get back out there relaxed and dominate.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
How about 4? :idea:

It's crunch time, we got two sets of 4 left with the cards, and only a two game spread. We need as many as we can get. I'd like to see us move that 2 to 6 by next Tuesday.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Taking 3 would be great and they definately can't let the Cards take more than 2 which a split basically means the Cards did not gain any ground. Remaing games for Cubs. Lot of NL Central games to play...

Cards: 8
D'Backs: 3
Brewers: 3
Astros: 6
Dodgers: 4
Pirates: 6
Reds: 6
Marlins: 3