ZTR mower recommendation needed

arobb

Jan 4, 2014
Bought a Hustler Raptor XD 54” new. Welded Deck. 11 gauge Steel. Hydrostatic has Filters. Decent sized Hydros. One piece tubular frame. Residential but Commercial quality it seems. Has Kawasaki 23 hp. Engine. $4300. Mowed with once so far. Mow Quality was very good. If you have 3 acres or less it should work. But I would not go down in Model Size. They have an XDX that is a bit more heavy duty yet. And the models go up that means more $$$$. Lots of good mowers out there.

Mow mine and a couple friends yards for free because it is that fast and easy. I do not trim at friends places. The tires are very good IMO. Called a Big Bite Tire.
I just bought the exact same mower. I have mowed twice and it's been great, and it appears to be built like a tank. $4290 out the door.

Reactions: Stormin and ruflosn

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I've always been told zero-turns like these are no good for hills - too high center of gravity. But a couple posts here say they are good. Thoughts?

I just bought myself 2.6 acres, and most is flat but one side is quite steep.

I have a small ditch along the road. One love hate I have with mine is that it's really light and it leaves no footprint. That's great, but traction can be hard to come by. I've never had trouble sliding down the hill in a way that scared me, but you do have to compensate.

Reactions: CascadeClone

Bluffers

Sep 16, 2009
Ames
Gravely 54. Seven years of 3-4 acres and it's just mowing like new. Does a wonderful job grooming the lawn as it cuts.
Stay away from big box store equipment. Just asking for trouble.

Reactions: Stormin