Lara Dykstra - #52
Lauren Cook - #18
Gina Mancuso - can't find Prep rank, but was Gatorade Player of the year and Volleyball Magazine/AVCA POY as a senior in high school
Morgan Broekhuis - #2
Kelsey Fien - #19
Allison McNeal - #4
Hayley Thramer - #64
Megan Haggerty - #14
Hannah Werth - #4
Alexa Strange - #46
A little high school trivia connection between the teams. Stanford freshman middle blocker Megan McGehee graduated from Lee's Summit West (MO) with ISU's Emiah Bingley and Luke Knott. In fact, she played basketball with Bingley their freshmen and sophomore years before deciding to concentrate on volleyball.
McGehee's coach her senior year was Lori Hanaway. The previous four years, Hanaway directed ISU's Victoria Hurtt and her O'Hara teammates to four straight Missouri Class 3 state titles at O'Hara HS.
Maybe they aren't better than Texas. Imagine the pressure it must be to be a top recruit and a team that recruits top players. Texas wasn't happy when we beat them.
CJL is very good a developing players, especially setters and liberos. While Landwehr was ranked, she was a first team AA last year. Kristen Hahn is another not so highly rated player who is now one of the best, if not the best libero in the country.
Stanford is ranked number 7 and my son went to number 6, I would think it would be really hard to keep elite athletic programs and high academic standards in the same school. It doesn't seem to function at most other academically elite schools. Perhaps they have really exceptional teachers who understand curves.
Goals of the Ball Handling Directive
• Consistency in ball handling judgment.
▪ Only the contact point should be considered when judging legality.
▪ Outside influences such as player technique, spin, coaches’ expectations
or crowd reaction should not be considered when judging the legality of
▪ There is no body/ball position or playing technique that automatically
results in illegal contact.
• An increase in continuation of play when judging second ball contacts that
are directed to a teammate.
▪ A player in good position must play the ball without discernible double
▪ Less severe judgment is applied to a contact by a player who makes a
challenging or spectacular play.
▪ Mishandled balls resulting in a blatant fault should still be called,
regardless of the challenging or spectacular nature of the play.
Bumping for the game tonight. I think it starts at 9 central
very excited! Got a nap after work (been sick allllllllll week, yay!) and now I need to get some dinner while husband tries to get a decent quality link. ESPN3 looks rather blurry right now.
Is this on cylones.tv or is there a stream somewhere?
Will be shocked if we can pull this one off