***Official Montgomery and Butler NFL Thread***

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
If you watch his training video with Calvin Johnson, tall receivers like Butler can be easier to cover in press coverage because with the contact allowed in the first 5 yards Butler is a bigger target. There are ways to mitigate that and Johnson was trying to teach Butler some of that, but being a huge receiver in the NFL isn't the big time advantage some of us Cyclones fans have talked ourselves into.

It's not a huge advantage... But the way they are acting now it's some kind of huge DISADVANTAGE.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

cycophagus

Aug 16, 2012
MN
Same here CoKane...I'm a Vikings fan so I don't want the Bears to do well either. But I'll quietly root for Montgomery to do well.
Minnesota Vikings have the final pick of the 3rd round. They need a WR, and Paul Allen predicted they would take Butler. Keep those fingers crossed!

Reactions: CRcyclone6

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
I feel bad for him. Wish he would have stayed.

For my own personal reasons I wish he would have stayed, but yeah. I didn't have a good feeling when I saw the first WR picked wasn't until the end of the 1st round. Though he'd be gone by now though - mid 3rd at worst was my prediction for him.

Spanky

Oct 14, 2009
Alshon Jeffries, Matt Forte, Brandon Marshall, Martellius Bennet, from the 8-8 2013 Bears say Hi.

And Favre and Rogers say hello to you, what an incredible waste of talent. Sad.
Montgomery will succeed with the Bears, deal with it.

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
Man I hope Butler lands on a team with a good QB since he is slipping so much at this point.