Ticket Renewal

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Already renewed and paid for donation. Here's to the hope that come September 5th we are all at the Jack.

Reactions: titleist

Cdiedrick

Jun 26, 2014
I was going to do mine two weeks ago. I still plan on it but I’ll wait just in case if the season gets called.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
Renewed a while ago. Our first child is due in August so we had already figured we’d miss most of them anyway.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Just an FYI, I emailed the ticket office with a couple of questions, one of which was:

"Has there been any discussion as to what will happen if the season is canceled due to Covid-19? Will payments and donations be refunded or rolled over to next season? Thanks!"

The answer:
"If the season is canceled or any issues we’ll do refunds."

Just in case anyone was curious.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Just an FYI, I emailed the ticket office with a couple of questions, one of which was:

"Has there been any discussion as to what will happen if the season is canceled due to Covid-19? Will payments and donations be refunded or rolled over to next season? Thanks!"

The answer:

Hopefully, enough people renew to pay the coaching staff. o_O

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

The answer:

That's good to know. I was wondering whether to wait a little longer and hope for an official statement like this.

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa
If we pay our Cyclone Club donation and there is no football, does it become a tax deduction. No tickets were received for the donation. Too much time on my hands.

Reactions: isufbcurt

dunar

Aug 31, 2007
West Des Moines, IA
NCC renewed, was waiting until closer to the deadline to do tickets. Will probably still wait a couple weeks. We've had the same seats since '08, I plan to die as the ticket holder for that block!

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Today, the ticket office confirmed that if games aren't played, they will refund any purchases made through them.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
If we pay our Cyclone Club donation and there is no football, does it become a tax deduction. No tickets were received for the donation. Too much time on my hands.

If you use the "right" accountant it still is deductible ;)

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
It is still technically a "donation". That's why there is a separate cost of the tickets vs your donation. It may play in to where you get to sit and park, but at the end of the day you don't need to make a donation to buy a football ticket, and you don't need to buy a football ticket to make a donation. Now, if you're donation gets refunded because the football season is cancelled...

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Seats secured for the 5th year...hopefully the season happens. Could see it push back a few weeks, especially if teams are delayed in starting up practices this summer.

coyoteclone

Jan 7, 2009
I had already renewed, but if the worst case happens and there is no season I assume we will get refunded or can apply that toward 2021.

Cyclone Club donations is another matter, and it will be interesting to see what they do with that.
We are holding off on donation and ticket purchase as if no footgall season, dont think I would feel I owe the full annual amount of our current donation.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Our company just cancelled all events to July 1, I am really worried about college football now.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
ISU ticket office is closed. Can anyone confirm donations will be returned if you renew and the season does not go on or is played without fans?

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
ISU ticket office is closed. Can anyone confirm donations will be returned if you renew and the season does not go on or is played without fans?
Why would donations be returned? Anyway, Cyclone Club handles the donations.

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa

Rather doubt that donations would be refunded. Especially since they also determine basketball seating, free tickets to gymnastics, etc.

Would not be surprised to see people not increase and maybe decrease their donations

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Why would donations be returned? Anyway, Cyclone Club handles the donations.

There's an argument to be made that, particularly since they're no longer tax-deductible, that these aren't really donations at all but something closer to seat licenses. Many (most?) might not be "donating" if it weren't for their seats.

I think the smart play for the athletic department would be to offer people their Cyclone Club donations back if they choose but campaign hard for people to leave them alone. I suspect most would do so anyway, and they would generate a lot of goodwill.

KHoing07

Jun 20, 2018
I've paid some of my donation and half of my season tickets off but the card I used just expired so either way I will have to deal with that at some point but they did say my last ticket payment right now has been moved to June 1st so we will see what happens

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron