*** Official IOWA STATE vs #13 Oklahoma Game(Day) Thread ***

Old87

Sep 30, 2012
Yes I want the Clones to win them all, but it doesn’t always happen. The one thing that does happen with this team is the grit and determination that they play with. I couldn’t be prouder of the way that these young men carry themselves on and off of the field. They need to hold their heads up and move on to the next game. Senior day is coming up for some of the greatest players to ever wear a Cyclone jersey. Win or lose, these guys are awesome.

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
Campbell had to make staff changes this off season or we’ve seen peak Campbell. A new o line coach and a new OC or this team will never reach a Big 12 championship game again.
Agree with this 100%. The oline needs to be figured out. And if it's not the oline that needs to be figured out, then the play calling needs to be changed. One or the other, if not both. I understand you play within the flow of the game but you create the flow of the game. Some reacting to what the other team is doing and start dictating what the other defense has to call.

Reactions: SDClone

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
Trashing the throw and trashing the kid are two different things

The ones being dumb about Brock deserved all the dumbs they got.
This

He doesn’t ball out playing behind that generally awful line, getting beat up all day then we aren’t even in that position. Give it a freakin rest.

was in response to this

He had all day to throw, and still overthrew a wide open receiver. I usually defend Brock, but that’s just flat out bad

A post simply criticizing the throw and even saying they defend Brock. You can’t criticize a thing the guy does without some people feeling the need to come to his defense.

SwirlyBird

Aug 2, 2015
Yes I want the Clones to win them all, but it doesn’t always happen. The one thing that does happen with this team is the grit and determination that they play with. I couldn’t be prouder of the way that these young men carry themselves on and off of the field. They need to hold their heads up and move on to the next game. Senior day is coming up for some of the greatest players to ever wear a Cyclone jersey. Win or lose, these guys are awesome.
Double spaces after a period? Get with the times old man

• Disagree
Reactions: tzjung

CentexCyclone

Oct 20, 2015
On the whole, the running game has really regressed this season and it cost us again today. Rushed for a net 51 yards on 35 attempts. Granted, a lot of sacks skew those numbers, but Breece had only 58 yards on 19 carries.

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
This

was in response to this

A post simply criticizing the throw and even saying they defend Brock. You can’t criticize a thing the guy does without some people feeling the need to come to his defense.

Both of those are true. And that was one of the emo fans that thinks the world is falling

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Welp, we almost did it. Only about a few plays away from overcoming a **** ton of early mistakes. Had a shot at the end and just couldn't pull it off.

If we didn't know we were playing a game today then you'd have no clue which game this statement is about since we can't put a game winning drive together worth a **** even though we're in this position like every single week.

quasistellar

Feb 29, 2016
I will say... I don't know that I've bashed him, I've been critical... maybe I have, IDK... but I do think there is room for being critical. Is he bad? No. I just don't think he's great but no one cares about my opinion but me and that's fine.

He's been a great Cyclone, a great ambassador for the program and the university and a good collegiate quarterback and I will look forward to the future but I also will appreciate seeing a good quarterback and better human being - and at the end of the day that's what it should really be about - wear cardinal and gold one more time at home and once more after that

Purdy has just been an above average QB at ISU for 4 years. ISU fans are so used to terrible that when they see someone like him they think it’s the second coming of Jesus. Brock’s got heart but he’s just a decent qb. Breaking ISU’s qb records is not big deal, but it is definitely a step in the right direction. We very quickly forget that ISU is historically one of the worst P5 football programs and only recently above average.

FallOf81

Oct 24, 2017
That last pass by Purdy sums up his career, as much as he has done of ISU, which has been great, he just cannot finish when the game is on the line. Allen is wide up, you have to get him the ball there and let him run and go from there.

We have progressed from getting blown out by OU to now playing them close, but we still are not finishing, which has been a problem the entire year.
Don't be sensible now about his career. You'll be burned at the stake.

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
In case you were wondering, since you thought people were defending the pass. Posts like the one you responded to are why people like that get dumb ratings.
That’s fair. It is possible I perceived people getting dumb ratings as defending the throw instead of just dumbing how people go about criticizing the throw.

Reactions: Cyclones1969

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
I am 100% over this pattern of playing terribly for huge stretches of games, then rallying furiously only to fall short. Campbell needs to completely overhaul his approach to early season games and in-game adjustments.

Add up all the stretches where we look completely befuddled and it has to be equivalent to at least half the season. It's beyond ridiculous.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
And win a lot of close games too. Guess what? When you are trying to build a program you probably will lose a lot of close games. The good part for us is that this coaching staff also wins plenty of those close games.

It just might be that the reason we are in so many close games is because of this coaching staff! I mean...everyone is ripping the OL today and look at where this staff had us in the end! Inside the 20 with a shot to tie at OU! Now I nitpick over a few of the offensive play calls like everyone else does but this staff overall does a great job prepping this team to win (or at least have a shot to win)!