Ames
Jesse Ventura in Predator: “I ain’t got time to bleed!”

Arnold in Predator: “You one ugly MF!!” ……and “Get to the chappa!”

Reactions: cycophagus

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Opening scene of Apocalypse Now. Him sleeping intermittently superimposed over the jungle bombing and helicopter along with audio mix of the Doors' The End with helicopter thumping plus the sound and visual of the ceiling fan. It's damn masterpiece of an opening.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Small screen can't do this justice but the "match cut" scene shifting from British offices in Cairo to the desert sands sunrise with it's big music crescendo can't be done just via YouTube. Last saw this on a big scene at Columbia Heights theater with their awesome sound system and it was goosebumps.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Calling Dimitri in Dr. Strangelove is one of the single best movie scenes of all time. Hands down a top 5 funniest of all time. All because of the delivery of Sellers.

One of my Top 10 movies of all time. I also love a couple of the George C. Scott scenes. His visual takes are amazing for a guy that's famed for completely different roles.

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
Was trying to pick a scene from "O Brother Where Art Thou?" but can NOT settle on just one. Then, it was a tie between "Senior Partner" and "Wheezy Joe" from "Intolerable Cruelty". But never can I ever forget