Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
How pathetic of Fran to get tossed and head to the locker room while his players and children have to tough it out and finish the blowout. He takes the easy way out and they have to face the music for 20 more minutes.

Not surprised the Fran faithful are buying into the narrative that the refs were just out to get poor, innocent Fran. Bohannons tweet explains the Hawk mindset perfectly. Always the victim.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
How pathetic of Fran to get tossed and head to the locker room while his players and children have to tough it out and finish the blowout. He takes the easy way out and they have to face the music for 20 more minutes.

Not surprised the Fran faithful are buying into the narrative that the refs were just out to get poor, innocent Fran. Bohannons tweet explains the Hawk mindset perfectly. Always the victim.
And not very bright. You would think when you play for a guy just short of a decade, you would be able to spell their name right.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Iowa was down what, 13 when they didn’t get the call? I mean cmon. Not saying Iowa had no shot in that game but that one call was only a make or break point because Fran decided to give Northwestern 4 free points.

• Winner
Reactions: JP4CY

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
12 years of acting like a child and belittling officials
Clearly these officials have it out for Fran!
Lol

no-crying.gif

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Wow, can't remember when I've heard a woman swear like that before. I'm hoping, for Patrick's sake, that is not Marge.
I honestly don't know who else it would be. I imagine that's why they went to commercial.

Reactions: CycloneVet

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Iowa was down what, 13 when they didn’t get the call? I mean cmon. Not saying Iowa had no shot in that game but that one call was only a make or break point because Fran decided to give Northwestern 4 free points.
I've read several places that this call lost them the game, they are partially correct, this play was when Fran threw in the towel and ended the game. Best part is, free throw differential was 16 to 20, so other than the 4 Fran gave them, it was even.

I'm actually happy they have taken this route as opposed to figuring focusing on the 3/23 shooting from three or giving up 80 to one of the worst offenses in the big ten. It'll make the disappointment in March they much tougher for them to handle.

Reactions: NWICY

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Most clocks, and shot clocks, that I've seen click down a second immediately. Think about when you see the clocks that read the tenths or hundreds of seconds. Does the clock read 1.3 seconds when there is only 0.3 seconds left? Or does it read 0.3? The shot clock will read 30 immediately when it is reset, one tenth or hundredth (depending on the set up) after that it clicks to 29. So to have a ten second call using the shot clock. It actually needs to be the tenth of second before it clicks to 19, Basically it needs to have said 20 seconds for 9 tenths of a second while it reads 20. Why it seems like there is a delay for the horn when the shot clock reads 0. It still has 9 tenths to go.

So with that knowledge, it was not a 10 second violation. So Fran got booted for being a moron and not knowing how clocks work.
Fran got booted because he was cursing at the refs the entire game, and they are only going to listen to so much of it. The whining and complaining, then throw in the curse words and the moment he stopped out of the box, they had a right to T him up. Anybody that thinks he was T up for being out of the box is looking through Squawk colored glasses.

The 30 second clock generally does not show tenths of a second, unless it gets below a certain point, and the official looking at the 10 second backcourt violation. is not watching the shot clock, he is counting down in his head, generally using his arm as a way to stay in count. Now a good official will glance up at the shot clock to make sure that its 20 when he is starting to blow the whistle. The last thing any official wants is to make a 10 second call, and then the clock show 21 seconds.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Dont they have another younger son? Can you imagine the hysteria that that kid is around with ma and pa and the two brothers?

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

Fran boiled over because NW was the first B1G team they've played this year that appeared capable of breaking a press.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron