*** Official IOWA STATE vs Ohio Game(Day) Thread ***

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Who cares about pass interference or the field goal? We got outplayed by a MAC team

I'm absolutely rarely in the 'but refs' camp but everyone who watches any football should care a lot about that field goal call in the name of reffing shortages and refs getting worse.

ISU got out played, didn't deserve to win, but that should be 3 points in any situation.

Dowwmeow

Sep 24, 2022
It’s not even the loses (ok that is most of it) but especially the WAY we lose. Run up the middle, throw one yard short for a first down, miss a fg…repeat. I mean why not TRY a reverse, a flea flicker, a fake punt? It might actually work

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Never should have kicked that 2nd FG. You go for the kill there. 7 points or nothing. Matt is weak …

Especially when the hurry up sneak had been a VERY easy 2-3 yards the previous two times. It should just be known that if they are a yard short the whole team does that when they are inside the 50 and down late in the game.

Reactions: Iluvteak

Aug 20, 2012
The box score says they ran for 38 yards.

Can anyone at the game confirm the running backs took the opportunity to run 200m intervals on the track to ensure they got something out of the trip?

Saying “******** programs care about 6-6” seemed overly optimistic, but I think it fair to say ******** programs lose games on fields surrounded by tracks.

• Haha
Reactions: quasistellar

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I'm absolutely rarely in the 'but refs' camp but everyone who watches any football should care a lot about that field goal call in the name of reffing shortages and refs getting worse.

ISU got out played, didn't deserve to win, but that should be 3 points in any situation.

I knew it was good right away, second view confirmed it beyond doubt…

But I also know if we had got back to 10-10 our overtime play calling would go back to first half play calling and we’d be 100% guaranteed loser in overtime. Actually feels better this way and I hate bad refs more than anybody.

Klubber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Aurora, IL
Defense holds opposing teams to 13 and 10 points in consecutive games, and we lose both.

The real nut punch is that much better offenses await, and our offense might be about as good as it is going to be. Good chance this season gets uglier each week.

H
It will. The offense is what it is and is what it was last season.

Campbell wants a conservative offense. We have a conservative offense with a below average running game and O-line; not a recipe for success.

Reactions: baller1

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
All this bull**** is on Campbell. I don’t care about whether the field goal was in. I don’t care about PI. You spend 90 percent of every game calling the game like an absolute coward and you’re left having to hope for a call or a good bounce. They don’t deserve to win these games. Campbell is out of his league completely and we will never have success again unless he quits with the uber conservative bull****.
That’s a perfect analysis.

Reactions: quasistellar

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I knew it was good right away, second view confirmed it beyond doubt…

But I also know if we had got back to 10-10 our overtime play calling would go back to first half play calling and we’d be 100% guaranteed loser in overtime. Actually feels better this way and I hate bad refs more than anybody.

Yeah who knows how ISU finds a way to screw that one up but that was pitiful.

Withey's 5th foul at Hilton '13 or KSU PI flag picked up '17 level.

There's gotta be a still shot of that out there on the webs.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
It will. The offense is what it is and is what it was last season.

Campbell wants a conservative offense. We have a conservative offense with a below average running game and O-line; not a recipe for success.

Get the message to him that running on first and second down while averaging 1 ypc is not conservative.

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
I don't feel bad for a guy who is unwilling to change when it's obvious to everyone that change on the offensive side is needed...to be fired.

Dowwmeow

Sep 24, 2022
The box score says they ran for 38 yards.

Can anyone at the game confirm the running backs took the opportunity to run 200m intervals on the track to ensure they got something out of the trip?

Saying “******** programs care about 6-6” seemed overly optimistic, but I think it fair to say ******** programs lose games on fields surrounded by tracks.
I bet Matt Campbell would give his left testicle for a 6-6 season now…

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron