Friday OT - All I Want for Christmas Is…

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
What do YOU want for Christmas?

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
94baddf4-0593-41df-a547-33566b88a633_text.gif

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL

Steve Martin: If I had one wish that I could wish this holiday season, it would be for all the children of the world to join hands and sing together in the spirit of harmony and peace.

If I had two wishes that I could wish for this holiday season, the first would be for all the children of the world to join hands and sing in the spirit of harmony and peace.. and the second would be for $30 million a month to be given to me, tax-free in a Swiss bank account.

You know, if I had three wishes that I could make this holiday season, first, of course, would be for all the children to get together and sing.. the second would be for the $30 million every month to me.. and the third would be for all encompassing power over every living being thing in the entire universe.

And if I had four wishes that I could make this holiday season, first would be the crap about the kids.. second would be for the $30 million.. the third would be for all the power.. and the fourth would be to set aside one month each year for an extended 31-day orgasm, to be brought about slowly by Rosanna Arquette and that model Paulina somebody, I can’t think of her name, of course my lovely wife could come, too. She’s behind me 100% on this, I guarantee you.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Health. I'm fine, immediate family is fine but it seems like so many damn people are battling bugs.

Wife hasn't kept anything down or taken a solid **** in days.

Then. Then these bugs start picking off the rest of the family. One by one.

Except for Covid. I got it at a Chili's full of racist veterans. But only I got it. No clue how the rest of the family stayed in the clear.

As for my Christmas wish?

Peace on earth
Goodwill toward men

Reactions: nrg4isu

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Money. All I ever want for any present for any ocassion is money. Stop trying to be cute and get me some worthless gadget that I'll just throw away.

I've adopted the 'less is more' lifestyle and actually get stressed out when people buy me objects.

Gift cards go much better; I'll buy something when it's needed.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown

Steve Martin: If I had one wish that I could wish this holiday season, it would be for all the children of the world to join hands and sing together in the spirit of harmony and peace.

If I had two wishes that I could wish for this holiday season, the first would be for all the children of the world to join hands and sing in the spirit of harmony and peace.. and the second would be for $30 million a month to be given to me, tax-free in a Swiss bank account.

You know, if I had three wishes that I could make this holiday season, first, of course, would be for all the children to get together and sing.. the second would be for the $30 million every month to me.. and the third would be for all encompassing power over every living being thing in the entire universe.

And if I had four wishes that I could make this holiday season, first would be the crap about the kids.. second would be for the $30 million.. the third would be for all the power.. and the fourth would be to set aside one month each year for an extended 31-day orgasm, to be brought about slowly by Rosanna Arquette and that model Paulina somebody, I can’t think of her name, of course my lovely wife could come, too. She’s behind me 100% on this, I guarantee you.

Reactions: MeanDean and Angie

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Nobody is willing to spend the money on the things I want that I can't just buy (I don't blame them) so I look forward to the other junk. I want time, calm time with no priorities to just enjoy with my family.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
A dream home. My wife and I just bought a home, but it's missing some of the amenities that I'd like to have that don't seem to be viable to put in.

For example, central HVAC system. Part of the house does have a HVAC, but a two-story addition was added, and they didn't extend the HVAC to it, so that part has base board heating on both levels and no AC (except for window units :puke:).

We also have two front entry doors, one goes into what we are going to use as our dinning room, and the other that goes into our living room. I'd like to remove the one that goes into our living room so we can eventually put more seating in there.

We also have two different heights of ceilings. The older part of the house has lower ceilings than the newer part. And that's going to probably create problems when we redo the kitchen.

Essentially, I want to design my own home without the stupid obstacles that previous homeowners put in front of me. /rant.

• Haha
Reactions: Beernuts

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Yeah, we quit doing gifts a few years ago. Just became a hassle for everyone, so our gift to each other is not to hassle to get gifts. We've talked about doing some kind of thing together as a family, but haven't been able to figure out anything that works for my folks, us, and my grown kids.

So I guess what I want for Xmas is a bunch of ideas on a family event/experience that would be fun yet manageable for fun but slightly physically limited 75 year olds, as well as 7 adults from 26 to 50, and 3 kids from 17 to 21. All are intelligent, like games, but a lot of cynicism and sarcasm as well. Hard group to please.

We've considered an escape room, bowling, going to a movie, one of those art things where you paint something, and a couple others I can't remember. Never could get enough "yeah!" around any of them to make it work.

Thoughts, CF?

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames

So much thought went into this, and so much detail, I almost weep at the grandeur of it all. Then I remember I'm at work this morning.

Reactions: MeanDean

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
My wife and I haven't bought each other presents for years. I honestly can't remember the last time I received a gift from someone. It was probably when my daughter made something in elementary school and wrapped it up for me.

If I had to tell someone to get me a gift I'd suggest a QT gift card, a gift card to a movie theater or an ISU shirt/sweatshirt.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I want my daughters to keep moving and growing and building on the pretty amazing strides they're making into adulthood. I don't know if there's ever been a harder time to be a teenager in America than the past 5 or so years. They've both dealt with anxiety and depression issues and it's been pretty scary at times. With one now out of college and one just starting, they're both in a much better place mentally and I just want that to continue.

RLD4ISU

Sep 13, 2018
Otsego, MN
I actually like giving and do what I can, so honestly I'd love to have unlimited funds to help out various causes, find families to help out, etc.

If it's a "for me" wish....ultimate wish is a when-my-husband-retires goal: create a retirement we don't need a vacation from that includes 60+ acres of land with mostly timber; build a barndo that has a 2-3 BR home; large kick @ss connected garage containing a UTV, lawnmower, tractor with equipment to plant food plots, a skid steer; big covered porch with fireplace so we can sit outside when it's raining and still hang out by the fire; make the place energy efficient and so we can be self-sustaining if needed; have a big garden and maybe a few livestock; and add a hot tub and maybe a swimming pool. :cool:

Realistic - just to spend time with family, for everyone to be healthy and content.

Reactions: Angie and isufanz1

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
My health. I had a pretty serious surgery in April and it looks like I'm gonna have to have a minor surgery on my shoulder in 2024. I'd love to finally have my body working correctly and not breaking down.
You can't wish to not age ;)

• Haha
Reactions: GMackey32