I don't understand how anyone has ever liked Tang

DSM4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2006
Altoona, IA
Tang was at Baylor so long, he picked up the self-righteous personality. Also, he isn’t used to coaching in a loud or hostile environment due to Baylor not having actual fans at their games. So this is all just a bit of an adjustment for him.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
So many, including lots on here, loved the KSU hire of Tang and his 'energy'. I have hated him for years and it only grew tonight. He's a ******* tool.

It’s amazing how people fall for the media ********/latest manufactured craze. Yet it happens all of the time.

There’s a certain type of person that sees one scripted “passionate” locker room video and they will be like, “**** ya I’d love to play for that guy so cool”.

vmbplayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Ankeny
I don't believe there would have beem anything related to throwing itemsbor racial slurs. When he went up to TJ during the game, TJ listened to what he had to say and then became animated in response. Any head coach would address their fans for that type of behavior and not yell at the other head coach for bringing it up. TJ was yelling at him in response, which makes me lean toward the cheating allegations being what happened.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Aka he had time to cool down and realized he was acting crazy over nothing. If fans were throwing stuff at the bench, he would have said that. And in todays world, it would be on video too for proof

The CC flop video and Bluder’s statement that ended up ridiculous is a lesson that a coach may be wise to not comment immediately on anything they aren’t 100% certain of.

How many times has Pollard just smiled knowing he has proof that an angry rival is full of s***.

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
Tang was at Baylor so long, he picked up the self-righteous personality. Also, he isn’t used to coaching in a loud or hostile environment due to Baylor not having actual fans at their games. So this is all just a bit of an adjustment for him.
That’s the only thing that annoys me maybe just a little bit about the guy. But other than that I think he’s a great coach and good overall person. if he stays there for a long time, they will be one of the better teams in the big 12.

EDIT: In light of his recent antics, self righteousness and overall behavior I retract almost every positive comment I’ve mad about him. Although he is a good coach and recruiter. But if he keeps behaving like a clown, you could be the best recruiter in the world, It won’t matter.

Last edited: