I don't understand how anyone has ever liked Tang

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Granted, this is secondhand and I can’t verify for certain, but it’s starting to piece together:

But, like...how? How are the people "recording" getting in close enough to see anything useful, getting probably no audio whatsoever, and then somehow relaying it all in real time to TJ's phone to magically make decisions from? That **** is incredibly farfetched.

Cupped

Feb 11, 2016
If anyone talks to BYU Dad, please tell him that he'll love Tang when K-State comes to Provo 2/10 so grab a seat behind their bench!

BYU DAD Quote:
... it's a statement that we're in the Big 12 to play and nobody's going to push us around. Alot of people just assume we're nice squeaky clean Mormon boys. That's not the case. They play to win and won't back down. But the difference is you can do it with some class and not flagrants.

Reactions: rosshm16

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
If anyone talks to BYU Dad, please tell him that he'll love Tang when K-State comes to Provo 2/10 so grab a seat behind their bench!

BYU DAD Quote:
... it's a statement that we're in the Big 12 to play and nobody's going to push us around. Alot of people just assume we're nice squeaky clean Mormon boys. That's not the case. They play to win and won't back down. But the difference is you can do it with some class and not flagrants.

Some people think he was lurking today as "fransdad".

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
The KSU fans worship over Tang is so damn weird.

Yeah I just looked at some of their boards and it's always "Jerome Tang's Wildcat Basketball", like they dropped Kansas State and their name is Jerome Tang now, or they always add "coach of the year". It is weird and I can't remember us having done that despite having plenty of coaches of the year in bb and fb.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
So many, including lots on here, loved the KSU hire of Tang and his 'energy'. I have hated him for years and it only grew tonight. He's a ******* tool.
Are you looking for some kind of approval of your preconceived hatred? You'll likely find some of that here from some.

I think he's a good coach and have no reason to dislike him, other than he is the coach for KSU, but that's just a sports identity thing.

Again, about my first sentence? If so, why?

Reactions: AirWalke

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
His true colors are starting to show. Character shows when you start losing.
Um, they are 14-5 this year, tied for 2nd in the Big 12 at 4-2, and last year went to the Elite 8.

I don't think you say that he is starting to lose when he just lost one game at Hilton.

Reactions: CychiatricWard

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
My mom took this photo during the second half, saying this KSU Asst was watching our huddle during a timeout, taking notes on a whiteboard, and then went back to the KSU sideline. No clock or score to know exactly when it happened, but appears to be during some promotional fan shot thing. View attachment 122780

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

Reactions: rosshm16

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
.I hope whatever he was upset about isn't anything serious but it's really hard to take him serious when he and his staff literally complain the entire game.
I wasn't there, and haven't watched the game yet, but if true, I can understand the dislike for him and that style. Definitely.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
FWIW, I'm not trying to support Tang, his coaching style, or how he behaved tonight at the game. I just think people are piling on just a little more than they need to.

I think he's a good coach and a threat to Iowa State because he is in conference and we have to play him/them yearly. You either like him and his style or you don't. There is a middle ground also, probably where I am at. I'm glad we have TJ.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Why do you say that about Tang other than you didn't like the way he acted? TJ said the exact same thing in his post game. They both want to keep it between themselves. Sounds pretty professional to me.
Tang is keeping quiet because he knows if he says what he was really mad about he'll look like an idiot. TJ is keeping quiet because making this into a circus provides no benefit to him or the team.

Last edited: