Jamie Pollard had us as the last 2 seed in his submission

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Yeah but if we don’t make it that far it’s Pollards fault

If we don't make it that far its likely because we stunk the joint up. I am the first to admit everything is always a little harder for ISU. We never get the benefit of the doubt. We never get breaks in the way other programs do. My wife couldn't believe how irate I was after seeing the draw (it's garbage we all know that).

That being said, we can't have a victim mentality either. We just need to go get it and take what's ours.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Curious, had WIsc fans bought up all tickets anticipating the site as B10 champ or did ISU fans get a presence there? I remember the game but not the crowd.

If we couldn't wedge our way into Milwaukee tickets I don't see how SDSU and Drake could with maybe 10% of the combined demand.

It's been almost a month that Omaha looked likely for ISU.
I think Kansas bought them early now they're on the secondary market.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
Miles traveled by 15 seeds on average.
2023 1750 miles
2024… 450 miles
And yet I have a strong feeling their fans will still be in the minority in attendance. So I don’t see the issue with placing those teams close to home.

The NCAA is basically saying “if you play early in the day, we’ll get you home in time for dinner. If you play in the early evening, we’ll get you home in time for bed”

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Have we EVER gotten a close first/second round site when we weren't an elite team? Genuinely asking.

Like have we ever played in Minn or KC or STL as a 10 seed the way Drake is? Sure doesn't feel like it but maybe selective memory. DesMoines and Omaha are relatively new in the rotation, does this mean next time we come in as a 9 seed we should buy some tickets for DesMoines because we're gonna get a home game against the Big Ten champ in DSM?

It's all insane. If you're not an elite team you should get shipped out, how else does it make any sense?

Milwaukee as a 5 and 11. Not terribly close to Ames but an easy drive.

Granted the 11 year was vs. UW so it was basically a home game for them.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Use the NET and some other metrics and let things fall where they may.

They had the 'gall' to make Duke a 4 seed to they can do the same for anyone else.

Spam

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 21, 2008
Jamie should stick to fundraising, hiring coaches, and making sure that Big 12 remains a power conference.

Reactions: FerShizzle

WISCY1895

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 25, 2009
It was his last year on the committee. He also isn’t in the room when they are discussing Iowa State

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Pollard is great at the dollars and cents part of ISU athletics…. but he’s an idiot about knowing what teams are better than others, etc.

Pretty much almost everyone on this board knows more about that kind of stuff honestly. We watch it. We know the names of tons of college players and how good they are, etc. JP doesn’t have the time to watch all that.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Yeah but if we don’t make it that far it’s Pollards fault
Well, I guess there’s someone to blame if we lose to freaking drake. Whenever they lose, it’s not the teams fault, it’s pollards.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Oh, I agree. The entire reasoning was BS and really unsupportable but in Jamie’s position, he has to go out and put lipstick on that pig.

No he didn’t. He could have shut his mouth and not done the interview which would have been better. Sometimes it’s better to just be quiet than to go out and tell everyone how smart you are and how dumb everyone else is.

I don’t think I’ve seen an AD actively say his team is seeded correctly when literally every other metric, poll, and basketball expert had them many positions higher.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Pollard is great at the dollars and cents part of ISU athletics…. but he’s an idiot about knowing what teams are better than others, etc.

Pretty much almost everyone on this board knows more about that kind of stuff honestly. We watch it. We know the names of tons of college players and how good they are, etc. JP doesn’t have the time to watch all that.

Exactly. He don't know the eye test. We rolled the big 12 tournament. I don't remember a team destroying the best conference in the country like we just did. What was the overall strength of schedule? That is what really matters. So not only do we get screwed. You screwed Auburn, Uconn, Illinois and everyone else in our bracket. Making us all play a way harder bracket than we should have.