2024 Mens CBB Coaching Carousel

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
Originally I thought that the Tang to Arky rumblings were completely fabricated because, KSU just got their new PG out of the portal (Dig Dug from Michigan). This is quite interesting. If a coaching switch is made, I hope KSU promotes their assistant coach who likes to call college kids MFers.
This is my guess is what happens. Put an interim title on top assistant for next season and then go head coach hunting after the year is finished. It’s too late to probably find someone worth a damn right now.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
He would be smart to take that job. He’s become a laughing stock of the Big 12. Should get out while he can.
He certainly has burned multiple bridges in our league. Also, if he does indeed fail as a HC (whether that be at KSU or in Fayetteville), I'm sure Drew will welcome him back with open arms in Wacko - er, Waco.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
This is my guess is what happens. Put an interim title on top assistant for next season and then go head coach hunting after the year is finished. It’s too late to probably find someone worth a damn right now.
Will Wade, and several others, would take that job before the AD finished the question. It's not June, it would be insane to go into next year with an interim guy.

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
Yeah, at first I thought he wouldn’t leave, but thinking more on it, Fayetteville is an upgrade over Manhattan, easier conference to coach at, better fan support, and probably gets paid better. Also warmer climate. It’s really probably a no brainer.
Don’t forgot all the drama regarding the player who was suspended and then went to Memphis and immediately played. The relationship between Tang and the university president has been rocky.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Huggie Bear will return to K-State

That'd be wild, but there's zero chance KSU is hiring a 70 year old with a history of drinking problems and little verbal filter who was already on the downward slide even before the DUI sent things to a sudden end.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Yeah, at first I thought he wouldn’t leave, but thinking more on it, Fayetteville is an upgrade over Manhattan, easier conference to coach at, better fan support, and probably gets paid better. Also warmer climate. It’s really probably a no brainer.

Don't underestimate the craziness of Arkansas fans. Mus had 2 Elite 8s + a Sweet 16 in 5 years there and most wanted him gone and are glad he left...

DGC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 16, 2018
He’s been gone since his run to Elite Eight

Just waiting for the best flight out of town. Louisville/Arkansas etc, the first upgrade to offer
Can he take his sword on the flight?