John Calipari to Arkansas

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I mean, i trust what he says about wanting to be here. (And i'll preface the rest saying I don't think at all that he's leaving for this job and the rest of this post gets into hypotheticals)

But think of it strictly like a job. If someone came to you and offered to let you do the same job you're doing now for double or triple the money, you wouldn't seriously consider it, no matter how much you liked the current job?

JP will do what he can to keep TJ happy. But JP also can't compete with the kind of money a Kentucky can throw around if it ever came to that. And I don't think any of us could really judge what would be life changing money for most people.

I get what you're saying but no two P6 jobs are quite the same.

And Iowa State and Kentucky might be two of the most dissimilar ones.

The synergy between TJ in Ames with JP, the fanbase, Hilton, local hero Tamin, and the Big 12 is practically unmatched in college basketball right now. TJ knows that. He's been wildly more successful at Iowa State than he was in Brookings or Paradise despite it being at a much more competitive level of ball.

TJ knows all this better than anybody. He knows UK isn't the same job and he can't just "port" over the things that are working in Ames to Lexington even with an infinite money hack backing him up.

Yes that money is hard to turn down, but it's not like one airline is offering you double to fly the same routes on the same equipment the same amount where you'd never even notice you switched.

TJ would have to be a different guy and a different coach to make it work. And he probably could do it. But he's king in Ames. He can run a program exactly how he wants (as long as he stays out of trouble) and the AD and boosters will let him be. That's not going to be the case if he goes to Kentucky.

Campbell seems to have figured this out and has stayed for the same reason.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Sorry, just dumb to think JP won't take care of TJ and he would have any interest in leaving.

God, do we really have to start this **** with TJ already after years of CMC proving he is solid?
I don't think you understood my post at all. I don't think TJ is putting his name out there as to not play games, he knows JP will take care of him. Where the **** did you get interest in leaving from in my post, jfc.

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
I don't think you understood my post at all. I don't think TJ is putting his name out there as to not play games, he knows JP will take care of him. Where the **** did you get interest in leaving from in my post, jfc.

"I think we don't hear a lot about him because he's not putting his name out, and/or people assume he won't leave. It will be interesting as time goes on to see how that holds up."

Tell me when it won't hold up. Why put this **** out there?

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
"I think we don't hear a lot about him because he's not putting his name out, and/or people assume he won't leave. It will be interesting as time goes on to see how that holds up."

Tell me when it won't hold up. Why put this **** out there?
I said he's not putting his name out. I wonder if his name will start to get associated with opening despite that. Why not ask for clarification before going total dickhead mode? Nothing in there said he's leaving. Nothing.

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
I said he's not putting his name out. I wonder if his name will start to get associated with opening despite that. Why not ask for clarification before going total dickhead mode? Nothing in there said he's leaving. Nothing.

Do you not read what your write? And why in the **** would you suggest this?

It will be interesting as time goes on to see how that holds up.

• Dumb
Reactions: simply1

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017

This is a thread about who is taking the UK job, Use some common sense and quit bringing TJ name up. For ***** sake.

• Winner
  • Dumb
Reactions: flycy and simply1

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx

Whether his name gets associated or not going forward holds up. Having your name tossed out has nothing to do with actually leaving. You're losing your mind over nothing.

• Dumb
Reactions: RonBurgundy

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Read the thread title. Get back to us when TJ is not mentioned for the job. Jesus Christ. Morons.
Yes, John Calipari to Arkansas. I didn't start the TJ talk, I responded with my thoughts. Now trying to deflect from your idiotic response to my initial post, probably your best tactic at this point.

• Dumb
Reactions: RonBurgundy

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
LOL, We all see you following my posts and Dumbing them, you are a Rotter and a child.

I dumb posts as I see them, and you happen to have a lot of them when you're randomly going on the attack against anyone who discusses things you don't want to. Feel free to hit that ignore button if you don't want to see my posts.

You've been going back into my post history and dumbing things. Projection much?

And you still think you're clever with the 'rotter' thing. It just makes you look like more of a moron.

Reactions: dahliaclone

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009

Fwiw i didnt read that as implying he thought TJ would bail down the road or it was some kind of jab. I just took it as curious about the future.