Would you turn it in?

If you found $1M in cash on the road, would you turn it in?

• Yes, it's the right thing to do.

• No, finder's keepers!

Results are only viewable after voting.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I'd probably keep a bit that "accidentally" got lost when it fell out onto the road. Finders fee if you will.
Good luck with that.

dumb-and-dumber-iou.gif

Reactions: wgleason

BACyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2011
Reinbeck, IA
The potential downsides to trying to keep any of the cash, in my opinion, greatly outweigh the benefits to keeping it.

Maybe the bumpkins that provided the situation to sacks of cash lying in a road don't have the tracking mechanisms in place to find you spending or depositing this found cash, but I don't think I would be willing to bet my freedom on that.

Reactions: ImJustKCClone

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
How would anybody know they were the ones that found it? Assuming it was reasonable that nobody knew I was the one who found it, I think I'd be inclined to keep it. Maybe monitor the local news to see if anyone was legitimately publicly looking for it.

Assuming not, I'd stash it somewhere safe. Use it to buy everyday items/vacations/etc. Would not just deposit it in a bank or buy a house or other large ticket item.

Reactions: Cutlass

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
If you find a $100 bill on the ground and no one is around, sure. You find duffle bags with a million dollars, there will probably be someone looking for it, either good or bad. So you'd be sitting there with all that money worrying about being found.

Additionally, it would be hard to hide a million dollars for nearly everyone outside of Warren Buffet or Bill Gates, etc.

Just start paying cash for much of your everyday needs, groceries, clothes, restaurants, etc.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Take a good look around, take like $50,000 and leave the rest.

Or turn it in and hope it prompts you to get on some terrible TV show.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
If you're going to take it you've got to take it all and roll the dice given the risks.