All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

benjimill

Apr 8, 2018
So Iowa State is a better defense than Iowa? Nice!

Iowa having another top 15 defense despite constant injuries at LB and missing their top CB for most of the season- just a testament to how good of a DC Phil Parker is.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: GTO

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Iowa having another top 15 defense despite constant injuries at LB and missing their top CB for most of the season- just a testiment to how good of a DC Phil Parker is.

ISU having a top 10 defense despite constant injuries at DL and DB- just a testament to Heacock being the best DC in the state by far

• Funny
Reactions: GTO and benjimill

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Iowa having another top 15 defense despite constant injuries at LB and missing their top CB for most of the season- just a testament to how good of a DC Phil Parker is.

In an offense optional league, and now defense optional, it doesn’t take much to have a decent D in the big ten. Maybe you will get as good of a D as us soon.

benjimill

Apr 8, 2018
In an offense optional league, and now defense optional, it doesn’t take much to have a decent D in the big ten. Maybe you will get as good of a D as us soon.

Iowa State in a defense optional league, and now offense optional, it doesn’t take much to have a decent O in the Big XII. Maybe you will get as good of an O as us soon.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Iowa State in a defense optional league, and now offense optional, it doesn’t take much to have a decent O in the Big XII. Maybe you will get as good of an O as us soon.

You do realize ISU's defense is better than Iowa's right?

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Aren’t we all?
I guess as far as the Stanley/Purdy discussion goes, it depends what you want out of your QB. I'm not sure which one is the better pocket passer, that very well may be Stanley. Purdy does well in a dual-threat role, he's very mobile, and weirdly seems to have a decent arm while on the run (which is hard to come by for a young guy). We've definitely achieved more with a mobile QB simply because our OL generally sucks.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
I guess as far as the Stanley/Purdy discussion goes, it depends what you want out of your QB. I'm not sure which one is the better pocket passer, that very well may be Stanley. Purdy does well in a dual-threat role, he's very mobile, and weirdly seems to have a decent arm while on the run (which is hard to come by for a young guy). We've definitely achieved more with a mobile QB simply because our OL generally sucks.
With the offense you guys run Purdy is definitely the best option...Don't think RPO would be something Nate could excel at...

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron