Bill Walton tomorrow night

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Generally I like the commentators to - crazy as it may seem - commentate on the game that is being played. There is way too much going off on totally unrelated tangents in games. Walton ups that exponentially. It is just stupid when commentators start talking about something else while there is actual game action going on and often appear to not even be watching what is happening.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
I hope we get to hear Walton's take on how Arizona and Kansas has handled their pay-to-play coaches.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America

I don't know about the announcing stuff but that would be one HELL of a bike ride

drlove

Mar 20, 2007
I didn't appreciate Bill initially, but now believe he and Pasch are about the best team out there from an entertainment value. Living in Pac12 country, that really helps when watching a Washington State - Oregon State game.
From an going next level analysis point of view, I do believe that Walton and Rafftery do better than anyone in the game when they want to, and they are fun. Fran F. is great, but he doesn't offer quite as good of insight as Walton IMO.

• Agree
Reactions: Knownothing

cjclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 22, 2006
CIMD said that Walton is fun to be around as is Rafferty. They are both constantly cracking people up and fun to listen to when you are around them.

• Agree
Reactions: drlove

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
If listening to Bill doesn't make you laugh, you take life way too seriously

I was a little worried with this being a game I actually care about, but I'm getting some cheap laughs in addition to watching my Clones play well. He's been very complimentary of ISU, and might be in love with THT.

Some people are just fun-haters.

Reactions: kingcy

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I was highly conflicted what to watch tonight being a Chiefs and Cyclones fan and both games have been amazing but Bill Walton's ramblings and the Cyclones play has kept me on the ISU game much more than MNF so far. Best Walton lines of the night so far was "this is the best I have ever seen ISU play." PBP announcer "so you must not have seen them during the Marcus Fizer era?" Then somehow he finds a way to bring up RAGBRAI in the middle of a tight game. My wife's reaction: "is he just Google searching Iowa right now?" Willie Nelson has a home on the island of Maui, just saying it wouldn't surprise me if Walton makes a visit while there...

cdface

Oct 28, 2014
Behind Enemy Lines (IC)
I was highly conflicted what to watch tonight being a Chiefs and Cyclones fan and both games have been amazing but Bill Walton's ramblings and the Cyclones play has kept me on the ISU game much more than MNF so far. Best Walton lines of the night so far was "this is the best I have ever seen ISU play." PBP announcer "so you must not have seen them during the Marcus Fizer era?" Then somehow he finds a way to bring up RAGBRAI in the middle of a tight game. My wife's reaction: "is he just Google searching Iowa right now?" Willie Nelson has a home on the island of Maui, just saying it wouldn't surprise me if Walton makes a visit while there...

Same here, although we can agree that it was a double-whammy in both endings...