• Cut off

Votes: 13 5.7%

• Total voters

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I have recently encountered a growing number of people cutting it off the cob instead of holding it and eating it like a real Iowan. I understand if you have dental issues that make it difficult. However, it was always meant to be eaten straight off the cob. Nothing completes a summer day in this great state like biting into a fresh cob of salted buttery goodness like that feeling.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
What kind of psychopath cuts the corn off?
source.gif

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
There's a reason it's called corn ON the cob and not corn off the cob.

Beat me to it. If you are not a solid enough human to eat corn right off the cob. We can't be friends. Especially if you live in or you are from Iowa. Only Exceptions

Older folks with bad teeth.
Older Folks with Dentures
Kids with Braces.
Meth Heads with bad teeth.

Otherwise sack up and eat the corn right off the cob.

bsaltyman

Drinker of Ames Lager
SuperFanatic
Sep 20, 2012
Ames, IA
Straight off the cobb of course. Now, I prefer to eat it in a circular motion instead of like a typewriter. This is because I put so much butter on it that I don’t want it to all drip off. Keep rotating it while eating in a circle.

ccruzen

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 19, 2009
Urbandale
You guys reminded me of one my faves, Mitch Hedberg:
"You know they call corn-on-the-cob "corn-on-the-cob," right? But that's how it comes out of the ground, man. They should call that "corn", and they should call every other version "corn-off-the-cob." It's not like if you cut off my arm you would call my arm "Mitch", but then reattach it and call it "Mitch-all-together."

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron