*** Official #7 IOWA STATE vs #1 Houston Game(Day) Thread ***

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
Marquette isn't going to be affected at all because Kolek isn't playing plus nobody is getting dinged for losing to UConn at this point in the calendar.
This would be more about us adding a win over the #1 team in the country on a neutral court, and Marquette not. Is our resume better after that? Could be.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Marquette isn't going to be affected at all because Kolek isn't playing plus nobody is getting dinged for losing to UConn at this point in the calendar.
Agreed - these last games of the conference tourneys very rarely affect seeding at all (unless someone steals an autobid)

Plus the committee (or those who pretend to speak for them) HATE our non-conference strength of schedule and will ding us for that if at all possible. But we should have done enough for a 2-seed in Omaha

Reactions: 1UNI2ISU

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
I know they have hosted the Big 12 tournament in Oklahoma City before, haven't they done Dallas as well? In either case I know it wasn't attended nearly as well as it is in KC. Having the basketball tournament in KC and the football championship in Dallas seems to be the best locations for both.

Stumbles

Feb 17, 2012
Cleveland Heights, OH
Baylor and Baylor fans are Charmin Ultra Soft. Complaining about the physicality of the game. "No wonder Iowa State and Houston are the top two in the league, the officials let them get away with physical guard play!!!!!"

Loser talk.

• Agree
Reactions: Acer88

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
I know they have hosted the Big 12 tournament in Oklahoma City before, haven't they done Dallas as well? In either case I know it wasn't attended nearly as well as it is in KC. Having the basketball tournament in KC and the football championship in Dallas seems to be the best locations for both.
Yes it was in Dallas in early 2000s and was just blah…

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006

And we had the same arguments last week about the wrestling championships in Oklahoma. You out these championships where you get the most fans, not the most evenly distributed fans.